Aflac anyone?

Terri70
on 8/4/16 8:17 am

I signed up for Aflac yesterday. For accident and hospitalization. I know there is a 12 month time frame prior to a claim that anything can be considered "prior" illness or whatever but I'm hoping I can sneak a few in. lol Do any of you use Aflac? How helpful is it?

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/16 9:32 am, edited 8/4/16 5:58 am - CA

If you will be using your Aflac for your hospital stay when you have surgery, then I can say you will not be disappointed.  They pay promptly and you can file online, you just have to submit your proof of admission and number of days.   They will not cover anything related to your bariatric surgery tho, since this is not a medical policy, but a supplemental policy for accidents and hospitalization for those or unexpected medical issues.    

Otherwise, it is a good policy to have for those times when something unexpected arises and you are not able to work due to accident or hospitalization.   

Good luck! 

~Nik

Terri70
on 8/4/16 10:34 am

I didn't see the option for medical listed. Should I ask about it?

crystal M.
on 8/4/16 10:18 am - Joliet, IL

I have AFLAC for Accidents, Medical and Cancer...I have it all. 

I am lucky that I have only used them for doctor visits, various tests and a MRI.  I submit the paperwork and get the money ASAP.  I love them and feel good knowing they are there as a supplemental insurance to my disability insurance (which only pays 70% of my pay) in case I ever need it. 

Terri70
on 8/4/16 10:32 am

My works policy options didn't include medical. So I got the accident policy and the hospitalization policy.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/4/16 10:36 am
RNY on 08/05/19

What do you mean "sneak a few in?" It's very important to understand the policy completely, including what is and is not covered, so you don't end up with any surprises.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

peachpie
on 8/4/16 11:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I have AfLAC for short term disability and accident. I was able to use the short term disability post op, but my plan was in place for years. 

When I first signed up for AFLAC I was pregnant, but they would not cover me for The short term disability then since it was within that first year. They are good with dates and you will not get to sneak anything in. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

L. 68
on 8/4/16 1:25 pm

I have cancer disability and accident with AFLAC but i couldnt use it for my bariatric surgery.  they said because i wasn't in hospital for longer than 5 days or more.  i didnt have the time to argue but i will revisit because i also had a hernia unexpected removed /fixed ? at the same time as my revision.  i wonder if they will pay for the band removal??uhmm.  The disability i might drop that form is ridiculously long to have both doctor and your human resource dept to fill out..  

if anyone knows of an easier way or how to do this please let me know too.  

thank you 

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views