Does anyone here take Paxil for depresion

sunshinespring
on 8/20/16 8:25 pm - Bay Area, CA

I am wondering if anyone take paxil after gastric bypass and how did you tummy handle it? or in general how did It work for you?

any input will help,

Thank you,

acbbrown
on 8/20/16 9:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Paxil didn't work for me. I had to try 3-4 different meds before I discovered I needed an SNRI rather than an SSRI. They never bothered my tummy though. I hope you find something that works for you. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/21/16 10:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I've tried a LOT of meds (I have bipolar) but paxil isn't one of them. I'm on Lexapro right now.

That said, my sleeve seems to have had NO impact on how my meds are absorbed or how my body handles them. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kelly L.
on 8/21/16 11:43 am

I've been on Paxil a long time ago, but now I am on Celexa.   I am bipolar too, and also a sleever, so we don't malabsorb.

dog_hair_dinner
on 8/22/16 5:22 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I was on Paxil when I was 16, then my doctor found out that it wasn't safe for people under 18 about a year after I was on it.  Here's some info I found: (http://www.drugdangers.com/ssri/paxil/lawsuit.htm).  

I was on Paxil for 6 months and experienced wild mood-swings.  I had a suicide attempt in month 6.  I had no thoughts of suicide previous to Paxil.  My mother found me and refused to let me take the medication anymore.

rachelp
on 8/22/16 7:10 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I hate Paxil!!! No, I don't take it but my Grandmother has since 1990 after my Mother died. She still HAS to take it not because she needs it, but because she is addicted in a horrible way. She has tried countless times to wean herself off of it but suffers horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE side affects. Like lightning zaps in her head called brain zaps, reliving my mothers death, uncontrollable emotions. Try other meds first. Do your research! 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1395 views