Different food

Tdheason
on 8/22/16 1:49 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

im 8 weeks out and all I eat is meat and eggs. I hate seafood and yogurt. What are some of you eating?  I really need a change. I eat the same things all of the time.  I live alone so only cooking for me.

pammieanne
on 8/22/16 1:56 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

How are you eating them? Because, really... what else is there besides meat and eggs? Cheese!!! Do you do cheese with it? Pork rinds? Beef jerky? Oh wait, that's meat...

Cottage Cheese?

Hummus?

There are a million and 26 ways to cook meat... you need to tell us how you've been cooking it so we can give you other ideas.

And you should reconsider seafood... it's so yummy!!! (OK, maybe that's my brain talking)...

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Mary Gee
on 8/22/16 2:09 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I love to make cheese omelettes -- I add all sorts of things: mushrooms, onions, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, etc.  I use different types of cheese too.

Have you checked out Eggface's site?  Lots of recipes, but you may want to break them down on My Fitness Pal to get the nutrition values.  I've made her egg "bites" her Ricotta Bake (super good), and a lot of others.

I live alone too.  When I get home from shopping, I break down my meats into 4oz. portions and freeze them (I just purchased a Food Saver to vacuum seal everything I freeze).  If I make something like the Ricotta Bake or the egg bites, after they cool off, I put individual servings in baggies, so I can just grab one serving.

Check out the "What's on Your Menu Today" threads for ideas, and the Recipe Forum.  Keep reading posts and hopefully you'll get some great ideas.

Best of luck to you!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/16 2:21 pm, edited 8/22/16 7:39 am - CA

Its protein and that is what you need.  I think your issue is how you are making and eating them.   Shake things up a bit, try different cooking methods and adding some items to make it more appealing (bu****ch that you don't add fat)    A few suggestions I gave you a few weeks ago are here:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6009402/Food-I-have-b een-eating/  

Cottage Cheese and salsa is great.  Some people do it with fruit.  If you choose to do that, use fresh berries only, they are low in sugar.

Make a protein pudding:  Use one Premier Protein RTD shake and add it to the .05 oz of Sugar Free Pudding of your choice.  Granted, you won't want this for a meal, but it can be a small snack that is packed with protein.    

I do understand your frustration, but get creative.   Use the magnifying glass at the right top of the page to look for recipes or search the recipe forum.    You are still in the learning phase, but it will get better! 

The Salty Hag
on 8/22/16 2:32 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I eat chicken, beef, pork, fish, shrimp, crab, scallops, cheese, natural no sugar added peanut butter ( but I eat in sparingly and I'm in maintainence; not a fab choice for weight loss mode ), Greek yogurt, pepperoni, bacon, lunch meat, avocados, mushrooms, zucchini, the very occasional salad. I eat eggs every once in a while. My favorite cheeses to eat are muenster, havarti, sharp cheddar, Monterey-jack, and a yummy cheese called Butterkasse. I use full fat cream cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, butter, cream, ricotta, and milk in my cooking. I use olive and coconut oils for sautéing. 

Like Pam said, there are tons of ways to cook meats. I braise, slow cook, roast, grill, and sauteé the meats I cook and usually pair them with veggies for myself, a starch for my family, and usually end up doing some sort of sauce. That helps make things moist and easier to eat. I've learned to use herbs and spices for different flavor profiles.  

Some of my go-to meals are a low-carb version of meatloaf ( use Kraft Parmesan cheese- green can- instead of breadcrumbs ), spaghetti ( no pasta for me ), tacos-both chicken and beef, pork tenderloin in a garlic-lemon sauce, beef stroganoff, fajitas,  grill burgers a lot with it being so hot lately ( hubby is the griller, I'd use my George Foreman Grill ). Family has beef, I eat turkey. A turkey burger topped with Swiss, bacon and a few slivers of avocado has been one of the BEST things I've had in a while. 

There are a lot of low carb friendly recipe blogs you can look to for ideas. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Tdheason
on 8/22/16 3:14 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

You gave some great ideas, thanks so much.

Corrie33
on 8/22/16 3:17 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

At 8 weeks out I was still having a little trouble with eggs and yogurt, so I was in your same boat.  I remember living on FF refried beans w/melted cheese, and Cream of Chicken soup... (and protein drinks).

It gets better, but you'll need to be open to trying new things.  :)

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/22/16 3:45 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sauce is your friend! Seriously, go to the grocery store and check out the section with simmer sauces. I can get a bag of chicken thighs and do them ten different ways. My favorites are tomatillo enchilada sauce, Japanese curry, tikka masala, and spicy cajun. WAY simple, too-- do it all in one pot on the stove!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Tdheason
on 8/22/16 4:51 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

Great idea

Tdheason
on 8/23/16 3:40 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

Is this in the section at the grocery store that sells the sauces and graves in a paper package?