Throwing out food/ 3 week stall

rachelp
on 8/30/16 2:21 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

I used to always get such great sadness when I would have to throw out food! My mother died when I was little so I went and lived with my Grandparents for a while. They grew up during the depression so I guess I picked up their habits. I can remember sitting down to eat dinner and after eating my Granddaddy always put the last bit of food left in the pan onto my plate. He would say here fini**** or it will go to waste. He always made me finish off pots and pans. I guess maybe because back when he was a child maybe he didn't always get to eat a meal?? I think growing up like that was a big factor in my overeating as an adult. After dinner I always ate the last little bit as I cleaned up if it wasn't enough to save. If my kids didn't finish their food I would eat it. Can't let that chicken nugget go to waste LOL! I'm always the person bagging up every little bit for leftovers. I get so mad if something spoils in the fridge. Ever since WLS I have been throwing things away now! Most People talk themselves off of ledges with sweets, I talk myself off ledges with saving food! I know I can't physically eat that much anymore and surprisingly it's such a relief!! I'm learning to cook smaller portions and serving smaller portions to the family. Also, when my kids tell me they are full I let them stop eating. I will never push food on them like that. My husband agrees. So many changes going on in the household. Not just me. I love it!!!

For those of you that may have heard me complaining about my stall, it is finally over!!! After 3 weeks of bouncing around and even GAINING back up from 259 to 263 (which was Friday), I weighed 254 this morning. Woohoo!!! I'm not changing my ticker until I'm sure the stall is over. Now bring on the weight loss!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

JaxLiving
on 8/30/16 3:41 pm - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Congratulations on breaking the stall! Keep up the good work!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

rachelp
on 8/31/16 6:32 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thanks!

dimpleslya79
on 8/30/16 5:24 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I know I always read about the 3 week stall but when it happened to me I still felt kinda sad especially since I gained weight   I always read other posts and know that it shouldn't last.  I am glad that yours has ended! YAY!!!  Now I am ready for my scale to start moving in the right direction again.

WL: Pre-op: -14.2 M1: -19.2 M2:-16.6 M3: -15 M4: -12.8 M5: -12.6

M6: -11.2 M7: -6.8 M8: -5.8 Total: 114.2 lbs

rachelp
on 8/31/16 6:53 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I tried to mentally prepare myself but it caught me off guard because I didn't expect it to happen a week post-op! Yours will end soon! Hang in there!

jesuiscrystal
on 8/30/16 7:58 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

My evil stall broke today too. I've been losing and gaining the same darn pound for three weeks, and I was over it. Thankfully, I'd lost three when I weighed this morning. 

rachelp
on 8/31/16 6:34 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Congrats on busting your stall. Wow is it frustrating! I could tell I was losing inches so it kept me from losing my mind! 

jesuiscrystal
on 8/31/16 10:39 am - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

Yeah, I lost inches too, as my poor pants were barely hanging on to my rear end. If not for that, I'd have gone completely insane. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/30/16 9:51 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I hate throwing out food too, just yesterday I was looking at stuff I had shelved away thinking I would eat them eventually, only to see it was way old. I was throwing out all this food & I kept wondering why the hell did I buy so much & store it away.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

rachelp
on 8/31/16 6:48 am
VSG on 08/01/16

It's old habits! Last week at the store I bought 3 heads of cauliflower because I had all these ideas of stuff I could make with it but guess whats rotting in the fridge?! Thank God I have rabbits that I can give them to LOL.