Adding photo via Iphone

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/16 5:21 pm

I've seen several conversations how to add your photo, but none of them seem to say how to do it on IPhone. Whenever I click "add photo" inside the little pink square by my name, nothing happens. Any advice? I don't have a computer so I can't just go an do it on a laptop. 

The Salty Hag
on 9/21/16 6:05 pm, edited 9/21/16 11:09 am
RNY on 05/20/13

You mean to add an avatar? 

I'm on an iPhone right now. I tapped on the square, and an option box to take a picture, add from library or cancel comes up. I selected a picture from my photo library, and another box should come up for you to crop your picture. Hit upload and it should post, hopefully. 

I'll see if I can screen shot the steps if you need me to. 

ETA: I don't know what to do if you're uploading an avatar for the first time. Not much help, sorry. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/16 6:36 pm

Yeah sorry I meant avatar. I click it and it allows me to choose a photo, however I don't get an option to crop it. It just goes back to the page with my name and avatar box. Sigh. I'll keep fiddling around. Thanks!

The Salty Hag
on 9/21/16 7:43 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Sorry. Maybe Kathy S. can help? Hope you get it figured out! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Teena D.
on 9/22/16 5:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

If it's your avatar, click on the menu button on the top right hand corner, then select your user name. Click on the box that shows your avator and choose change (mine says change or remove since I have a photo there already). It then will give you the option to choose a photo from your photo library, select and then crop and save.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/16 8:17 am

My problem is it doesn't give me the option to crop the picture, it just automatically takes me back to my profile.

Teena D.
on 9/22/16 8:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

If I just add a pic, it does that but if I click on the change avatar, it allows me to resize it- even though the pic was larger than the required size to begin with

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

White Dove
on 9/22/16 9:05 am - Warren, OH

Good to know.  That is a new feature that must have been added during on of the upgrades to OH.  It never allowed resizing before.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 9/22/16 7:13 am - Warren, OH

An aviator has to be 100 X 100 pixels.

Upload the picture to a computer and then use a site like http://mypictr.com/ to change the size

I don't know of anyway to get the aviator directly from your iPhone

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/16 8:17 am

Ah that must be my problem. Thanks!

Most Active