To anyone considering Weight Loss Surgery - Vitamins is a must

sunshinespring
on 9/25/16 1:49 pm - Bay Area, CA

While I don't regret having my Gastric bypass surgery in 2008, I do REGRET not paying close attention or taking the advise in this very forum about vitamin intake after surgery,

I am a clear example of "failure" becoming deficient in many vitamins, Vit D, Iron, Magnesium and more (now trying to raise levels and live a "normal life") you don't think it could happen to you until you're in bed immobile from the fatigue, shortness of breath, palpitations, pain in your limbs and more

Listen to your surgeon and take your vitamins!!! I taught I was doing fine by taking multi vitamins once in a while and I was so wrong.

My Weight loss has lost priority in this quest of survival and while I am fighting to get better most certainly don't want anyone else on the same boat.

Teena D.
on 9/26/16 8:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thank you for the warning and I wish you the very best on your way back to help. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Steph Meat Hag
on 9/26/16 9:27 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Agree with this post.  I too became complacent about my vitamins and my blood work showed it.  I'd fallen off just a little with taking them 2xs a day for my plan and ... yeah it showed.  So always take your vitamins! 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/26/16 9:48 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Thanks for the kick in the butt! I have been hit and miss with my vitamins and just decided to order Patch MD for the first time.

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active