This is NUTS!

sweetiemimi318
on 10/1/16 11:55 am - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

My journey to WLS has had its ups and downs. I am almost 6 weeks post op and I still have bouts of vomiting every time I eat. The doctor is trying to run tests to figure out what's going on. I go back to the doctor Wednesday. Even though I am having this issue I wouldn't change my decision. I am off all my meds and no longer need a sleep apnea machine. I started my journey in March at 401. I am now 305. Everyone at work call me the disappearing woman which I think it's nuts because they say it everyday. Getting a little embarrassed. I have a girl come up to me and said I been even wanting to tell you that I think you have been losing a lot of weight and you look great. What did you do? Ohhhh you guys I have to share a story. I would say a NSV. I used to run track when I was in middle school and haven't ran since. Yesterday my sister and her husband were at the train station and I just took off running. My brother and law was like why are you running? And I said because I CAN! My stomach use to get in the way and I use to get out of breath so quick when I was bigger but now I can actually run again. Once again NUTS but in a fantastic way

Just had to share! 

peachpie
on 10/1/16 12:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I hope the vomiting resolves. Off to a good start!!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

roxytrim
on 10/1/16 1:33 pm, edited 10/1/16 6:33 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Wow - if your ticker is current and you took off running, you are going to blow the doors off this surgery!  Keep it up. 

NYMom222
on 10/1/16 3:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sounds like you are doing well minus the vomiting... Do you take an acid reducer/PPI? Too much acid can make you vomit. I know from experience.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

sweetiemimi318
on 10/2/16 9:37 am - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

thanks everyone. I don't take an acid reducer but I might have to ask my doctor about it. I tried saltine crackers and wheat thins yesterday and I didn't vomit surprisingly. It's not Protein but it helped with the dizziness and light headiness. Will post an update after I see my doctor. But thanks you guys for taking out the time to reply with your encouragement and words of advice. ;-) God bless

Oh I have to update my ticker. 

JennyLou1212
on 10/10/16 12:43 pm
RNY on 04/26/16

I had the same problem for a couple of weeks around my 6-8 week post-op mark.  My surgeon says that is when the scaring is the worst around all your sutures.  I vomited daily for those 2 weeks, but finally came through it.  It could also be other issues, so make sure you don't let it go for too long!

Most Active