Three years since surgery

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 12:48 pm

I wasn't going to post pictures of my weight loss progress over the past three years. Then I remembered when I was thinking about having surgery. I would look at the before and after pictures. They made it real that people could lose weight after surgery and be healthy also. 

I am truly blessed and lucky to have been able to have the surgery. I had RNY. 

Things have changed in my life. I am able to do things I could not before and now I can. I was in a  size 26 and now I am a 12. Usually a size large for tops. 

The voices in my head sometimes take over and I think I look like I used to. I do some crazy stuff. I am not going to post that now.

After surgery I was very good at not drinking alchol. Then around 4 months out I started drinking again. I have since stopped and I am in AA.

The alcohol did slow down my weight loss. It is  not transfer addiction either. I was an alcoholic before surgery. I just need to verify that so people understand me. 

I know others can drink alcohol with no problem. I have a problem so I am staying clear of it. 

I am still trying to lose the excess weight on my body. It will happen I still feel restriction. I am so glad for that. I can eat a lot more than I did in the beginning. I have to measure and really watch. I can be denial sometimes when it comes to my bad habits.

The weight loss was easier than I thought it was going to be. I was nervous and anxious about not losing. 

I try to come here and read daily. We are here to help one and another.

Don't get frazzled about losing it does happen. Just keep tracking and doing what you are supposed to do.  

This is my before picture.

I consider this next picture a during since I am not done losing. 

I also would like to thank the vets who came here to help me when I was having a hard time. I may not always wanted to hear what I wanted. I do know they wanted the best for me.

Life is better. It's not perfect and I still have days were I think I didn't have surgery and eat something too fast or something that really shouldn't be on my menu.

Keep working at it. One meal at a time. 

karenp8
on 10/18/16 1:00 pm - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on an amazing transformation,my dear.

GentleDomenic
on 10/18/16 1:02 pm - Canada

You look good sir thanks for the update

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 1:09 pm

Actually I am the chick in the picture. 

GentleDomenic
on 10/18/16 1:42 pm - Canada

I'm sorry the photos are cut off when I view the site on my iPhone 

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 2:00 pm

Don't worry about it. I thought it was funny. 

Kathy S.
on 10/18/16 1:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You look beautiful and thank you for sharing your struggles.  When we are going through bad times we feel so alone. All it takes is seeing one post from someone that is going through it too.  It gives us the courage to hang in there.  Then we you see they overcame the challenge it let's you know I can do it too!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

pammieanne
on 10/18/16 1:24 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Actually, you're the HOT chick standing with some pretty amazing Sirs 

You've done such a great job! I mean honestly, the transformation is unrecognizable! I've read your posts since I started here, and I know you're not posting as much, but I still look for ya!

Hope things are going great for you! Thank you for sharing the pictures, because they really do make a huge difference for us that are still on the way down to where you are!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 2:06 pm

Pictures really did help me. I know it may be vane but when you see something it makes it real. 

MarieCeeJay
on 10/25/16 10:40 am

3Bassetthounds I am right there with you on the photos. Everyday I read people's stories about their journey. I cry, laugh and ponder at the things folks write. But since I am a visual learner, it's the photos that I also look for. I love to see the ones that update each month or week. Those help me imagine my own journey more. I try to imagine my body changing in those spotty areas as the months progress. Sometimes with myself I can only see my start - not my finish or the steps along the path to the finish- seeing other WLS folk's photos help open my eyes a bit.

Thanks for sharing your progress. You're very beautiful. You look happier being healthy. Congratulations on your journey!!

Marie.