I Blew it!

MTS31801
on 11/1/16 7:58 am

Ok! I'm on this six month nutrition program as an insurance requirement for surgery! I have lost 17 lbs. so far in only 2 months. My nutritionist suggested I have a protein shake for breakfast because I'm not a breakfast person. so for about a week and an half I have been faithfully getting up each morning having a shake and following my plan. Well the weekend came and I guess I got into a funk and just resorted back to my old habit and forsook my plan. I didn't do real bad, but I just didn't follow the guide lines either. Today I got back up on the horse and starting again. I keep reminding myself I won't be able to do that after I have my surgery. I feel like I let myself down. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/16 8:02 am

Blowing it would be saying F It. You started back so it is not a failure. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/16 8:06 am
RNY on 09/26/16

We have spent a lifetime of beating our selves up. stop doing it. NOW! Get back on and don't look back.This is a marathon and not a sprint. baby steps. if you put energy into beating yourself up you will end up overeating again because you feel bad! STOP! move on!

pammieanne
on 11/1/16 8:13 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm only 5.5 months out, but I can tell you that while it gets easier after surgery, the temptation ***** keeps throwing it at us after surgery, and our brains are very attracted to that temptress...

BUT, one thing I am trying to learn is that we have spent years beating ourselves up over every candy bar, chip, cracker, and french fry we've eaten when we were 'trying to be good'. A large percentage of those 'failures' lead to binge eating, throwing the horse out with the water, and just continuing to stuff it in. Stop right now with feeling like "You Blew It". Don't let that derail you for days on end.

Get back on that horse, and forget any negative thoughts about the weekend.

But get ready to find a way to deal with those cravings and hot buttons that led you down the wrong path, because, as I'm learning, the brain sleeps while the stomach gets fixed... when the brain wakes up, it's still the same. And that's your biggest demon!

Just imagine how much weight you can lose on your 6 month journey, THEN remember that weight won't come back in a month after surgery, it'll just add to the huge amounts you will start losing! It's a perfect time for you to succeed, so your goal weight will be there sooner!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

GentleDomenic
on 11/1/16 9:08 am - Canada

Its only over if you give up

SkinnyScientist
on 11/1/16 11:57 am

"I feel like I let myself down....I keep reminding myself I won't be able to do that after I have my surgery."

-You feel that way because you did, BUT you also realize it is a behavior that can't continue. If you dont follow the plan you could end up in hospital with a ripped pouch, vitamin deficient, puking in some random toilet in some random restaurant and embarrassing yourself, or unable to the lose the weight.

I believe you have it in you to have the surgery, stick the plan, and successfully lose.  I also think you should spend some time thinking about what you are going to do non-foodwise when "you are in a funk." Funks are always going to happen over the course of the rest of your life.  Me?  I got anger issues and get angry VERY easy. I used to "stress eat it". I slowly learned that only thing that quiets the "Inner Warrior" is to get out of the situation and go running, cardio kick boxing,  ice skating or meditate. MOVEMENT is really the only thing that works through the "anger energy" and soothes me like the volumes of food I can no longer have.

For you it may be decorating, reading, or playing a musical instrument. You just need something to lift your spirits and kill THE FUNK.

Good luck to you.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

MTS31801
on 11/1/16 8:23 pm

Thanks everyone! I did get back up on that horse again today. I stuck to the plan and gave myself a good talking to. I have a nutritionist apt on Tuesday so I am hoping I show a loss even with the fall. Have a great Tuesday! 

JaxLiving
on 11/2/16 4:20 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Just know that "getting back on the horse" after surgery is so much easier than it was before surgery! Glad you got back on track so quickly! Keep it up, and you'all be so happy when this part is over, and you can get on with the post-surgery stuff.

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1292 views