NSV: Ride like the wind

April Parker
on 11/27/16 7:51 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

What a great picture! I see complete happiness! Is that Dad in the background?

And KUDOS to you, I couldn't even do a mile. Not because I can't ride a bike or anything. The seats just really hurts my butt! I'm going to look into finding a seat that doesn't hurt. Or maybe that will come with time and more weight off me. I used to ride like the wind when I was younger!!! 

You're truly an inspiration. I want to do something like this, so I too, can have that PROUD smile on my face and a great NSV to share!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/27/16 7:54 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Aww, thanks! Yup, that's my dad behind me. He flew from WA to AZ to ride with me! :)

Finding a wider seat can help, but I'd also suggest looking into finding cycling shorts that you're comfortable wearing. They have padding on the inside that covers your sit bones, and it makes it SO much easier to ride any distance! If you're uncomfortable with the style that look like yoga pants, look for "baggy shorts," those have the tight liner and padding on the inside but they're like cargo shorts outside. (I really like these ones, I've gone through several pairs!)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

April Parker
on 11/27/16 8:08 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16
On November 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

Aww, thanks! Yup, that's my dad behind me. He flew from WA to AZ to ride with me! :)

Finding a wider seat can help, but I'd also suggest looking into finding cycling shorts that you're comfortable wearing. They have padding on the inside that covers your sit bones, and it makes it SO much easier to ride any distance! If you're uncomfortable with the style that look like yoga pants, look for "baggy shorts," those have the tight liner and padding on the inside but they're like cargo shorts outside. (I really like these ones, I've gone through several pairs!)

You're welcome! Your dad is a true supporter! WA to AZ. That reminds me of Twilight. If you know the saga then you know why LOL. O_O I am a total Twilight junkie. It takes me back to a simpler time to watch those movies! -Twilight nerd rant ended-

Yeah it's my sit bones and my tailbone that hurts. I cracked my tailbone when I was a teen, boy did that hurt. But the cushioned shorts/pants seem like a great idea. Who cares what they look like, as long as it feels good lol. I like those in the link too though. I may have to try that along with a wider seat in the future... Thanks!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1450 views