Did I really have surgery?

chula82
on 1/3/17 6:19 pm
RNY on 12/21/16

inhad surgery on the 21st of December and I still can't believe it.  I'm greatful that everything has been going great.  My new stomach is accepting everything I eat.  I went back to work today and feel fine.  I haven't been nauseous or sick at all.  Again,  I assure you I am greatful with but I don't know....its hard to explain....I was just expecting more. 

karenp8
on 1/3/17 6:35 pm - Brighton, IL

Most people who have surgery have absolutely no problems and little pain either. At first you will have no sensation of fullness. I was sure my doctor had only pretended to do surgery until I was allowed to move to solids. Don't fret or over think it--just be glad you are having no problems and keep following your surgeons instructions and keep posting here too.

NYMom222
on 1/3/17 6:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations on your surgery. I felt the same way until I had to transition to dense protein and my 'forever' diet. Then I realized I had surgery...Take things slow, small pieces, chew well, keep foods moist....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CalliopeAnn
on 1/3/17 7:07 pm
VSG on 12/21/16

Hey we're surgery date twins! Had mine the 21st as well, and my experience has been much the same. I have my two week followup visit tomorrow and I expect to be cleared to go back to work. Its all gone so smoothly its tough to believe. Congrats friend =D

Grim_Traveller
on 1/3/17 11:57 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You only read about problems, not the instances where everything goes smoothly.

A lot of us think we were in some placebo group, where we didn't get surgery. We have a couple of uncomfortable days, but then everything is pretty good. And then a month or so after surgery, you get a little complacent. You don't chew some tiny piece of food well enough, or you eat just a little too fast, and bam -- it hits you like a freight train. You'll be in agony for a couple of hours, and when it goes away, you'll be certain you had surgery.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Eggface
on 1/4/17 6:33 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Awesome, Congratulations! Yep agree with the above posters... you will always see people posting with issues more than no issues on a forum like this seeking support, info, etc. Not posts like: Day 3804 of Awesome ;) but there are lots of us out there that had minimal, or no issues... even those with issues usually if asked a few months later (when there is more ROI) would do it all again even the worst days. Stats are great and definitely in our favor.

P.S. Back to work... be sure you stay hydrated and remember to put yourself first... protein, water, moving your body.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

rachelp
on 1/4/17 8:21 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Congrats on your surgery. I was the same way. Minimal pain, nothing bothered my new stomach and still hasn't. Never any sickness, never took any of my meds. There are things that sit weird like tuna and eggs. They are my noisy foods that make a lot of noise when going down. I was shopping as soon as I got out of the hospital and back to work after 1 week.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/17 1:08 pm

I did question my doctor if he did anything while he was in there. You will have changes so be careful of what you eat. Just saying sometimes things go easy then our bodies change. 

Not being a Debbie Downer. Just I know my stomach had changes after it started to heal more. 

sweetart
on 1/4/17 9:51 pm - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

I was done the day before you and I honestly think my surgeon just stabbed me up a bit and sent me on my way. Even my stab wounds are well healed and barely visible lol

Glad you're doing so well!

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Deanna798
on 1/6/17 3:32 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Howdy neighbor!  I'm just across the border in Michigan.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1371 views