11 years post op with alot of regain....want to get back to basics

leslie S.
on 1/11/17 3:17 am - chesnee, SC

I am 11 years post op....lowest weight was 170 from a high of 307.  I have gained within 30 pounds of my original weight.  Completely my fault.  I am addressing the reasons why I eat like crap with a therapist, and while doing that, I want to get back to basics.  Is anyone else in a similar position?  Would love a comrade to partner with during this time.  

Insert Fitness
on 1/11/17 5:17 am

Hi There! I'm still a newbie, but just wanted to say you are definitely not alone in dealing with this. You will see others reach out. 

Kathy S I think, has a great back to basics post I'm sure she'll share with you.

in the meantime, I'd suggest thinking about what worked last time, and how to incorporate them into your life again.

Good luck, keep posting and reading!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

pammieanne
on 1/11/17 7:31 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

There are others on here that are trying to get back to the basics as well. The RNY board has a great daily menu post that is encouraging and you can always look at people's menus to get great ideas for yourself. Plus, you'll garner some support there as well!

Good luck on your newest journey! You can do this if you really put your mind (and use your tool) to it!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

kelliej806
on 1/11/17 8:24 am - IA
VSG on 02/04/14

I'm in the same position. I took a very stressful job about a year ago and didn't realize I still had so much work to do on my stress eating habit. Anyway I've started clear over to the liquid phase to kind of detox from those bad food/drink choices I've made over the last year. I've lost 11lbs in 7 days and plan to begin slowly working the good foods back in along with an exercise regimen. It's hard but no matter where you start back up just keep reminding yourself how worth it it was the first time. You'll get back on track!

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/17 8:45 am - CA

Hi Leslie!   I am going to be 16 years post op this year and have experienced regain myself.  I have dedicated myself to getting back on track and by doing that, I have gone back to tracking my foods, portions and meal prepping.  I have cut out all drinks (I am a diet DP fan) so I only drink water now.  In addition to that, I am exercising daily about 30 mins to an hour nightly.   I am losing my regain.  It is going to take more diligence than it did in our early post op stage, but it can be done, if you work your tool.   

Feel free to add me as a friend.  Buddy system works great, even online.  

Nik

tjlajoie
on 1/11/17 7:11 pm

You're not alone. I had the procedure 7 years and have gained 45 pounds back from a 120 pound weight loss...mostly due to professional and personal demands. I have lost about 10 pounds of that but it's taken me 10 weeks to do it. It seems losing after gaining weight back is very slow, even when very disciplined and active. I guess the encouraging this for me is that looking at losing 35 pounds is much less daunting than losing over a hundred. I am going to Weigh****chers. I have found that helps. Others have tried other ideas. I have done the 5 Day Pouch Test several times and find that an effective reboot to get back on track. I just found myself not STAYING on track after doing it, mitigating any gain I got from it. But you're not alone. Look at this way: you have to lose 30 pounds, not a 137. Feel free to friend...I could use the support, too.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1429 views