I need help finding a doctor that takes medicaid pleeasse help

Chanti01
on 1/12/17 1:19 pm

I am looking for a doctor to help save my life in the birmingham area.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/12/17 2:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Call the phone number on the back of your Medicaid card, they can help you find a doctor.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 1/12/17 3:22 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello Chanti01,

The only surgeon I know of that takes Medicaid is Dr. Richards and he is located in Mobil. I know, it's almost 4 hours away but they will work with you on doing as much as you can at home.  I have referred him to many members and they have been very happy with him. Here is his information.

Dr. William Richards
University of South Alabama
Mobile
Phone: 251-471-7413

I would suggest you speak with Valerie in Dr. Richards office to answer any questions you may have. If you decide to go forward you need a letter of reference from PCP for Dr. Richard's and attend the free seminar before making an appointment. When you speak with Valerie let her know how far you are driving and maybe they can make an appointment the same time you attend the seminar. Also find out if they have it where you can do the seminar online. i know more and more surgeons are doing that so you don't have to drive there.

Here is a link to his website.
http://www.usahealthsystem.com/bariatric-surgery

Let's stay in touch and I hope we will be doing a happy dance soon when you get a surgery date

Regards,

Kathy

ObesityHelp

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Chanti01
on 1/12/17 7:31 pm

Thank you so much i will calll tomorrow!

nick21bachelor
on 1/12/17 9:47 pm

Thank you for the information.

ChristineB
on 1/13/17 3:08 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On January 12, 2017 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, Chanti01 wrote:

I am looking for a doctor to help save my life in the birmingham area.

See what Sparklekitty wrote

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

AggieMae
on 1/14/17 12:50 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

Your best chance is going through your primary care doctor. Ask your pc to monitor your weight loss for three months.

During that time keep track of your diet and exercise so it can be documented. If you lose weight and show you are motivated your pc should be willing advocate for you and convince a surgeon to accept you as a patent and accept your insurance.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1505 views