I think I dumped, on fluids???

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/16/17 8:53 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I know that dumping isn't common with VSG but I think that I did. I was doing a bunch of training today and I only drank about 10 oz in the morning and 10 oz in the afternoon. I was bound and determined to down another 30oz before going home so I powered down my 30oz in about 15 minutes. 3 minutes later I was power pooping like mad. It was 50/50 solid and liquid. I feel fine. I was never uncomfortable.

A quick blurb on my drinking. I still can't drink plain water and I'm 20 weeks out. Plain water makes my stomach get tight and it feels immediately swollen. I have been drinking 40/60 Powerade Zero to water mixed with crystal light lemonade (64oz Powerade/96oz water and one single serve CL) and I've been doing it this way for the last 2-3 months.

Just so you have the full story here is my food for the day.

7:30 2 pieces of bacon

8:00 1oz pepperjack

11:30 1oz pepperjack

12:15 3oz smoked chicken boobies with 1 tbsp teriyaki goodness

4:00 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1 tbsp sugar free apricot jam

7:15 powered down on 30oz...

7:30 power pooping

Any thoughts?

Ladytazz
on 1/16/17 9:19 pm

Trust me, that wasn't dumping.  It reminds me of when I was pregnant and I was asking how I would know I was in labor and I was told if I have to ask I wasn't.

Having a sleeve you don't get to experience the joys of dumping.  You still have your pyloric valve to regulate things.  My guess is that you just introduced to many liquids into your bowels and forced a mass retreat.  Kind of like how some laxatives cause loose stools by bringing fluids into the bowels.

If you weren't uncomfortable be grateful.  These days at my age few things bring more joy to me than a good bowel movement.  That is a sad commentary on my life.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

NYMom222
on 1/16/17 9:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

"

These days at my age few things bring more joy to me than a good bowel movement.

#truestory

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/16/17 9:44 pm
Word!
pr31
on 1/17/17 4:31 am

Love that last sentence.  True that!

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Lipsticklady
on 1/17/17 8:24 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 17, 2017 at 5:19 AM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:

Trust me, that wasn't dumping.  It reminds me of when I was pregnant and I was asking how I would know I was in labor and I was told if I have to ask I wasn't.

Having a sleeve you don't get to experience the joys of dumping.  You still have your pyloric valve to regulate things.  My guess is that you just introduced to many liquids into your bowels and forced a mass retreat.  Kind of like how some laxatives cause loose stools by bringing fluids into the bowels.

If you weren't uncomfortable be grateful.  These days at my age few things bring more joy to me than a good bowel movement.  That is a sad commentary on my life.

I'm a sleeved who dumps.  Cream based soups, rich ice cream, potatoes...  I am immediately hot, sweaty, cramping, chills, pooping and yarfing all at the same time.  It's awesome.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/16/17 9:51 pm
Not dumping....probably just stuffed too many liquids into your too small stomach and irritated your vagal nerve. (Just a guess),.

Did you ever think about replacing some of your cheese and bacon with something with less fat? There are plenty of low carb, high protein options without so much fat. I had the DS (so I would eat a high fat diet) but for someone that absorbs their fat....you may want to consider replacing bacon and cheese with a hard boiled egg and/or good quality protein bar or shake.

Scott
AggieMae
on 1/16/17 11:16 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

When I went to my 1 month post op follow up the NUT checked my food journal  said I wasn't getting enough fat and advised me to add some fat to every meal.

My goal is at least 100 grams of protein and no more that 25 grams of carbs. I don't monitor my fat intake at all. 

I find that if my diet is to low in fat I don't lose weight as steadily.

I am 11 weeks post op tomorrow and have lost 43 pounds. 

Grim_Traveller
on 1/17/17 6:14 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This is exactly what I did when I was losing. If your calories, protein, and carbs are in line, you don't need to worry about fat. And fat helps a lot of things. It keeps us satisfied longer, helps our metabolism, helps enormously with constipation and dry skin, and helps hair a lot.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Travelher
on 1/17/17 6:11 am
Revision on 10/04/16

Don't know, but I have dumped on Fluid (my protein shake) two days in a row.  what did it was one big gulp at the end.  didn't realize it was dumping until the second time (im slow).  my symptoms were hot flashes, sweating,nausea, dizziness.  feeling like total crap.  kicked in within 10-15 minutes and lasted about a hour.  No issues when I sip, so it hasn't happened since

Most Active