Severe gas after neck fusion this monday

Tdheason
on 1/20/17 5:44 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

i had surgery this pass Monday on my neck. I had gastric bypass 6 months ago. I'm recovery from the neck surgery but I am having severe gas. Could this surgery have ruined my pouch by all of the air. Gas is horrible. I thought about how this surgery might affect me but I had to have the neck surgery. It has been 4 days since my surgery, shouldn't stomach gas be better now. I have dry heaves about once a day and can't really eat and water makes me sick.

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/20/17 5:49 pm
You should contact your doctor. They do a lot of things to you when you have neck surgery (I had surgery a few years after WLS). They stick a tube down your throat......that alone could account for some of the symptoms. Are you on an acid blocker?

They also may pump you full of antibotics- this can wreak havoc on your gut,c ause gas and bloating etc.

Again, you should call your doctor.

Scott
Tdheason
on 1/20/17 6:00 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

You think this all normal though? I should be scared

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/20/17 6:43 pm
No. I dont' think it's normal....I think it's something to call your doctor about. You can call his office and have the answering service page the doctor on call.

It could be nothing......but it could be something. When it could be something.....I say call your doctor. Online forums are good for sharing experiences and getting some light advice about diet and such-but evaluations and medical advice should be handled by medical doctors. Especially when you are having trouble with water and dry heaving.

Scott
Tdheason
on 1/20/17 7:04 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I called the oncall doctor

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/20/17 8:17 pm
Did he feel it's normal?
Laura in Texas
on 1/21/17 6:53 am

Your body is still recovering from your surgery, so that may be it. What are you eating? When I have issues with gas I know it is because of what I ate.

It is good that you called your doctor. Keep us posted.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active