protein powder? need recommendations

internationalmom
on 1/22/17 1:45 am
RNY on 10/10/16

I would love to hear what powder you have liked. And also how you like to use it. I am thinking I want to try unflavored powder and add it in soups and maybe oatmeal . I am really not really sure how to use it. I do not tolerate milk well, so I don't think I want to make shakes if I don't have to. I do really like the Muscle Milk coffee flavor shakes, so a shake that was similar to those would be good.

The situation is that I am overseas and will have to pay shipping to get whatever I get here to me so I do not have  the luxury of trial and error trying different things so I need what I get to be worth getting shipped to me.

I brought a few of the shakes I like with me,  but as I am close to running out and still not able to meet protein goals with food alone, I need to figure out what to do now.

Thanks in Advance!

International Mom

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 1/22/17 5:56 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Where are  you?  There are overseas suppliers.

Sharon

internationalmom
on 1/22/17 5:02 pm
RNY on 10/10/16

I am in Nepal. All I can get here is protein powder that has TONS of sugar and carbs and costs about double of anything in America.  I just moved here about two weeks ago. I am 3 months post-op. I brought a few shakes with me but not enough space in my luggage allowance to bring more than a few :(

International Mom

OneBlueSock
on 1/22/17 6:31 am
RNY on 06/21/17

I should try the muscle milk coffee flavored.....is there much of an aftertaste?  I like having a coffee drink in the morning but the chocolate and vanilla muscle milks have not had a pleasant aftertaste for me.

I usually go with premier protein and EAS Advantedge for the pre-made shakes, and then for powder I use the Unjury chocolate splendor....I have the vanilla but I don't like it as much.   I have some unflavored but I'm holding on to that for post-surgery.

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

internationalmom
on 1/22/17 5:00 pm
RNY on 10/10/16

YES! try the coffeehouse muscle milk! I hate ll other shakes but love these!

All the best for your surgery!

International Mom

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/17 6:50 am - CA

Look into Unjury protein powder. They have a unflavored powder AND they have sample packets, so you can try them without having to purchase a container.   Shipping on a few trial packets won't be too expensive for you overseas.     Also, most protein powders do not need to be mixed with milk, you can use water and is better for your weight loss.   

Good luck!

Nik

catwoman7
on 1/22/17 7:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

everyone's tastes are so different that you're likely to get a hundred different answers here.  I like Unjury and Syntrax Nectar products because I can't taste the protein in them.  Both companies offer sample packs.

for coffee flavors, another option is to add cold, strong coffee to your shake - or buy some instant espresso powder to add in

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

internationalmom
on 1/22/17 5:04 pm
RNY on 10/10/16

I have the nectar Grape flavor in my amazon cart. I think that sounds like something I will like. Thanks!

International Mom

ladybug513
on 1/22/17 9:56 am - NY

I actually love Wonderslim shakes. They have 15 grams of protein and 100 calories. They are easy to mix with water. and, best of all, the taste is excellent.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

Sai F.
on 1/22/17 9:57 am
VSG on 09/02/16

I used Genepro forever, and my Albumin and Total protein labs were always spot on. I have recently leaned more on Collagen protein powder because my skin needs the extra collagen hehe. Both are unflavored.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Most Active