A question for vets. Apple Cider Vinegar.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:59 am
VSG on 05/14/13

I do really well 90, no 80, no 70% of the time following my high fat/high protein, low carb plan.  It's not hard, but I do need a kick in the butt from time to time so bad habits don't creep up on me.

A friend and I were talking about this and she swears by the apple cider vinegar thing.  I swore after WLS I would never to fad diets or gimmicks, but I don't mind the taste of it, and the health benefits seem to be real on paper.  Less cravings, blood sugar stays more constant, etc.  I do have issues with blood sugar drops from time to time so it sounds appealing.

Anyone know much about this?  Experiences?  Advice?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Gwen M.
on 2/21/17 5:01 am, edited 2/20/17 9:09 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

This is a complete hoax/gimmick/whatever you want to call it.  I don't have links on hand, but it's something we've discussed/debunked in my Anatomy/Physiology class.  I believe you can find articles on PubMed on the topic.  

Also - not sure why this is tagged for vets since post-surgical time is not linked to being able to find scientific research?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Barbsleeved
on 2/21/17 1:36 pm
VSG on 08/22/14
On February 21, 2017 at 1:01 PM Pacific Time, Gwen M. wrote:

This is a complete hoax/gimmick/whatever you want to call it.  I don't have links on hand, but it's something we've discussed/debunked in my Anatomy/Physiology class.  I believe you can find articles on PubMed on the topic.  

Also - not sure why this is tagged for vets since post-surgical time is not linked to being able to find scientific research?

Maybe she was just looking for someone who's used it or had experience with it, and that's why she tagged vets? 

She's not an idiot.  

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 1:58 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

Patm
on 2/22/17 6:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

No one said she was an idiot. Not sure what you are implying? She was given good sound advice

Barbsleeved
on 2/22/17 7:56 am
VSG on 08/22/14

This little nugget:

"Also - not sure why this is tagged for vets since post-surgical time is not linked to being able to find scientific research?"

Did that really have to be said? Obviously she was looking for someone who may have actually used ACV for weight loss? We all know how to google. 

That's what I'm implying. 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

Gwen M.
on 2/22/17 2:58 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Googling != scientific research.  Not everyone knows how to do the former and, sadly, even fewer know how to do the latter.  As evidenced by the fact that there are people who think ACV helps with weight loss. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lipsticklady
on 2/27/17 2:34 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I certainly appreciate your "willingness" to help answer my question.  I'm still confused that there are people out there that think I asked about ACV as a weight loss aide.  Those reading skills, yo...

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 6:23 am
VSG on 05/14/13
KittyKarin
on 2/21/17 6:31 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I read all the hype and I thought it would be good for digestion because of all stuff I saw on Pinterest so I bought some and tried to take a shot of it with my water first thing in the morning.  It made me CRAZY nauseous and I hated life for about 15-20 minutes after I drank it. I did it for two days and then stopped.  Not worth it! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)