What do you like about OH?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/10/17 9:23 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

So yeah there's been some drama but there are a lot of good things the site has to offer. What do you like about OH?

Warning, trash talk about another site or linking to another site is kinda frowned upon by oh, & most likely your post will never see the light of day. Keep the TOS in mind when you post.

I thought it was very interesting that on another post Nik mentioned something like 600 thousand people come to OH. That's a lot of people passing thru, lurking, posting etc. So out of all of that you do have people who come back on a regular basis. So what keeps you coming back?

For me I like the menu threads, particularly the VSG & RNY posts. It can be pretty lively & I like looking at different ideas as to what people are eating during the different stages of their wl journey. Whether it be they're starting out, in maintenance, or fighting regain. Luv the AMAW/CAMAW challenges.

I also like that there are smaller groups that you can belong to of people that have similar interests. Groups like the back on track, for those fighting regain, instapot for those with those pressure cookers & sharing recipes. There's even a vegetarian group for those who want to get their protein from sources other than meat. Sorry Vegbeth, I luv meat, my food eats your food, so I'm a roundabout vegetarian?

Finally I like the OH conference. It puts a face behind all the people on here & kinda lets you get to know them a bit more in real life. It was great meeting some of the people on here in real life. I got to meet Nik (mod) & waiting to someday meet Kathy S & a few others I've met too. Got to meet Dr Now who is just as nice as he can be with a quiet demeanor.

There are more things I like about oh & yes there are some things that can use improving. I'd write more but this post is looking like a novel. lol Congrats for making it this far.

So what do you like about OH? This post brought to you by Goats n Totes, sorry I don't have the little gif of goats playing around in their pajamas. lol

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Teena D.
on 3/10/17 9:31 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I love the sense of community- being able to connect with people who've been where I'm at - and now that I've had my surgery- those who are just starting. I love the great advice, and of course I really love the daily menu thread on the RNY forum. What originally brought me to OH though was the Ontario Forum- it was amazing while navigating through this whole province with our provincial health care, and long wait times to be be able to keep in touch with others who knew the process because they've done it too. The surgeries may be the same but the process in Canada - even province to province - is very different from the USA.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

pammieanne
on 3/10/17 9:51 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I joined several WLS boards in my quest to absorb as much information as I could while I was waiting for surgery. They all had plenty of stories, some harder than others to navigate, and while this one was pretty easy to navigate, I got hooked, so to speak, because of the people on here. I had been a huge Atkins fan, and lost lots of weight doing it (and gained it all back when I didn't ) but I knew that it made me feel better inside, and I knew it was the best way of eating for me. When I came here, it was so refreshing to see so many Vets say the things I already knew! On other boards, if someone mentioned whole wheat toast for breakfast, people didn't say anything... on here, it's frowned up, and 'warned' against... And I LOVE that!

I think that tough love is a good thing... and I've learned a ton from you smart folks, and even some of you not-so-smart folks too

Then, The menu post, of course... I like reading what other people are eating and getting ideas from them. Once I started posting more there, I realized that there's a 'family' of sorts here...

The matriarchs, the siblings, the children, cousins, and even some distant cousins that you'd rather not admit to being related to ... One big crazy-assed family!

And ya'll made me laugh... shake my head in disbelief... probably get a little pissy at times... but mostly I can feel the love.

There's no other group of folks I'd rather share my WLS (And there's my little bit of cheese to go with my wine)

One of these days... I have earmarked a few of you... I'm going to meet you IN PERSON! Some sooner than others (Elizabeth ). Be forewarned! And if anyone comes to OKC, please let me know, if I can arrange it, I'll gladly meet ya for a coffee in my backwards ass state!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

CJ On Orcas
on 3/10/17 10:49 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Coffee? COFFEE??? Is that it? I was hoping for a personal invite to stay with you for a week or so.

rachelp
on 3/10/17 11:39 am
VSG on 08/01/16

That's what I was thinking too! I want to stay and ride her mule hahahah.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

pammieanne
on 3/10/17 1:16 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

You won't get far on his stubborn back, but you're welcome to try!

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/10/17 11:48 am
VSG on 08/29/16

If I go back to okc then I'm definitely going back to the smoke houses and bbq joints!

pammieanne
on 3/10/17 1:15 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Come on! Bring your wife with you!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/10/17 2:10 pm, edited 3/10/17 6:11 am
VSG on 08/29/16

She was kind of envious of the last business trip that I took through Kansas city. I went to Arthur Bryant's and Oklahoma Joe's. Amazing bbq!

seattledeb
on 3/11/17 11:44 am

Leo's BBQ was on 36th and Lincoln Blvd. I haven't been back in years. I hope it's still there serving up the best ribs I've ever had.

Most Active