Moderation my Arse

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 5:58 am

This is what I thought yesterday. I was at one of my favorite shopping places. There was a table with Girl Scout cookies. Occasionally I have bought things like this when going to a party. Knowing that there will be others eating them and I can walk away just taking one.

Ha I thought I could buy a box and just eat one or two and put them away.

Let's just say this morning I am not feeling well. Food hangover. I can not do things in moderation.

So today the other boxes in my Jeep I am giving them away at my meeting.

The surgery was on my stomach not my head.

Confession of a food addict.

pr31
on 3/27/17 6:23 am

I can so totally relate. My DH can make a snack size bag of M&M's last 2 or 3 days or eat 1/2 of a candy bar. It drives me crazy! For me, if the box/wrapper is open, it's gone. I so wish they could do surgery on my head to fix it

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

CJ On Orcas
on 3/27/17 11:19 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I always knew I eat in units. A unit of M&M's, no matter whether it is a snack size, a regular bag or a jumbo bag. I eat everything in the bag. Same with Girl Scout cookies, Ritz crackers, saltines, you name it. Once the bag is open I eat it all. And people who do NOT eat everything in the bag are aliens from another planet.

White Dove
on 3/27/17 6:31 am - Warren, OH

I keep refraining myself from telling the ladies selling Girl Scout cookies: those thin mints don't work at all. I have eaten a whole box and not gotten a bit thinner. I don't do it, just think about doing it. Hopefully they will be gone soon and I won't have to smile and say no thank you to those adorable little girls.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

CJ On Orcas
on 3/27/17 11:20 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Daisydoo02
on 3/27/17 6:40 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Joining you in your "Confessions of a Food Addict," a few weeks ago a friend at work brought me in a huge box of Italian Almond cookies leftover form her daughters' wedding shower and that kind of cookie is one of my all time favourite kinds!. So thought I could eat just one, Bull ****! I ate like 4 and got RH so bad I almost passed out on my desk at work. I ended up giving the cookies away to some other co workers and my Boss, I just can't moderate myself.

Interesting I never want to "go wild" for chicken breast or steak.... just cookies and cake LOL LOL

Fat girl in me still has no clue what moderation is, so I totally understand you Susan, right there with you!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/17 10:03 am

Glad you posted Daisy. It sucks when food can take so much space in our heads. I mean we know what it will do to us and we do it.

This week is celebration nights at AA. I am celebrating one year. But they think you need to eat cake. It is amazing how much sugar is at the meetings. Tomorrow night I may go and buy a fruit tray.

My body does not like white flour. My scalp breaks out terrible.

Those damn Italian cookies. The ones with the jelly and dipped in chocolate are my favorites. I can't be near them.

Rachel B.
on 3/27/17 11:01 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

That's one thing that KILLED ME my first year of sobriety. And OF COURSE, I was in charge of the sunday cookies and birthday cakes.... ACK!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

CJ On Orcas
on 3/27/17 11:23 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Yesterday I had some boys move a couple of pieces of furniture for me, and the lady they got them from sent along a big white paper bag filled with "gluten free rosemary shortbread cookies, fresh from the oven". I was actually panicky as I nearly threw the bag back at the boys and said they should take them. One of the boys said "oh, she gave us some too". I replied that now they had more.

That white bag is dead to me. I have no idea what they even look or smell like and that is a good thing.

Someone here posted when I was new that if you think you are hungry, ask yourself if you want a chicken breast. If not, you are not hungry. GREAT advice.

Han Shot First
on 3/27/17 7:03 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

My daughter became a Brownie last fall, so this was our first cookie season. I'm so glad those demon treats are out of our house now.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1106 views