Being Hangry

vgirl123
on 3/28/17 12:26 pm
RNY on 04/03/17

Hi everyone, I need some suggestions please. I am on my last week of liquid diet and I don't know how I am doing it. I never realized how much of my happiness relied on food. I find myself angry , frustrated more often at home. At work I am busy so I am fine. When I noticed this I told my family "I am hungry an frustrated please forgive me". But I did want to know if anyone else had felt the same while being on the liquid diet? Believe me I pray, I meditate but when I get home my emotions change. I guess I miss what use to be dinner time with the family. I just want to be in my room and sleep. I feel if I exercise I will get more hungry. I feel more emotional. It's weird Is this normal??? I am taking 3-4 30mg protein shake and jello, broth through out the day. Thank you in advance.

rachelp
on 3/28/17 12:42 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Carb withdraws can effect you like that as well. Just hang in there and keep your eye on the prize. It's so worth it! Soon enough you will be looking back at what a small sacrifice that was for this amazing new life you will have.

Warm broth and sugar free Popsicles helped me feel satisfied the most. I bought Unjury chicken soup flavored protein for after the surgery. Sugar free gum also helps.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

vgirl123
on 3/28/17 1:05 pm
RNY on 04/03/17

Thank you for your encouragement , that is exactly what I will do. Keep my eye on the prize. It's so easy to get caught up in emotions I can forget about the real pay off. Thank you again.

Emiepie
on 3/28/17 1:26 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Afternoon! Although I didn't have to do a liquid diet I did have to eat differently and was frustrated at times as well-still am sometimes to be honest. It seems to hit primarily in the evening so I try and keep my mind busy after dinner. I am learning to crochet and that seems to help, if I can get involved in that for the first 30 mins after my meal then start drinking my water again then I am usually okay. We all have to find what works for us. Reach out here for support too, it can help to hear from others who "get it". Best of luck to you-you can do this!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/17 1:42 pm
vgirl123
on 3/28/17 2:12 pm
RNY on 04/03/17

Wow! you hit the nail on the head! that is exactly ho I am feeling. Like I am grieving. I will allow myself to feel these emotions and just go through it. Thank you for sharing and not letting me think I'm crazy for feeling like this. That is exactly what it feels like a divorce from food. I am very close to Monday. I hope after surgery the hunger and sad emotions go away. Thank you again for your wisdom.

One Bad Beach
on 3/28/17 2:17 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

Hello, my name is Kandace, and I'm a food addict. Seriously, though, this is totally normal. They love you, and they might not understand, but this is a very emotional journey. From giving up your security blanket of food to hormone dumping, things can get pretty irrational.

We've all been through this, and the hardest part is a toss-up between post op gas and the liquid phase!

Like someone else said, keep your eye on the prize. If you need support, just come here and search the forums and ask questions. Looks like you're on the right track to success. You just have to stay the course.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

vgirl123
on 3/28/17 2:36 pm
RNY on 04/03/17

Will do, thank you for your support. Thank you all for your advice and wisdom. Believe me I will listen and take advise. I know you all have been through this and this is all new to me. I appreciate this site and allowing people to encourage each other. Thank you for your response. I will share this with my family and try to explain this to them. I love them and they have been supportive and I feel bad for being so moody. Now I can at least say it's normal educate them on this a little. Thank you again ladies.

One Bad Beach
on 3/28/17 2:46 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1336 views