Probiotics

Cosmos2112
on 4/1/17 5:29 am

Has anyone taken probiotics? There are loads of choices. Some are time released and I don't know if that works with RNY. What should I be looking for in a probiotic? I am on a daily maintenance 50mg of doxy once a day not related to surgery. I know it's best to take a probiotic at least one hour after a meal, maybe more. Any thoughts or advice?

Also I'm repairing the damage diabetes has done to my body. I'm having laser gum surgery this May. Oh, what joy. My blood sugars are normal, but the damage hopefully can be fixed.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Cosmos2112
on 4/1/17 5:57 pm

Anyone have advice?

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

dreamingbig
on 4/2/17 7:01 am, edited 4/2/17 12:01 am

I have not had weight loss surgery yet. However, I did have a baby last year and during that time battled with terrible constipation (resulting in the joy that is a hemorrhoid). Due to the nausea, I was on anti nausea meds, plus with all the iron supplements....well, it wasn't fun. I swear by probiotics, they were the only thing that helped.

I've tried several different brands. My favorite kind was one that had to be refrigerated and was the Renew Life Ultimate Flora 80 billion (these are specially formulated for women). I'm not sure where you live, but you can find it at Whole Foods. They were a little pricey. I also liked the NOW foods brand probiotic for a more budget friendly option.

Id really recommend picking up a couple different ones from Whole Foods and seeing what works for you. They seem to have the best selection. You will know if they work, believe me!

Valerie G.
on 4/3/17 7:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I take a more natural approach with unfiltered apple-cider vinegar daily. I can tell the difference with how my body reacts within a day.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1430 views