Thank you Dr. Now for caring!

Member Services
on 4/4/17 10:28 am - Irvine, CA

White Dove
on 4/4/17 10:47 am - Warren, OH

To me, Dr. Now is the caliber of a true saint. We are lucky to have him in this world.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/4/17 12:01 pm - Burleson, TX

I totally respect, and almost worship the man, for the good he does. I don't say that about very many human people.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 4/4/17 1:08 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I take calls and receive emails daily asking for help with finding a surgeon that takes Medicaid. It's getting really bad out there. One state only has 1 surgeon in the "entire" state and they are backlogged.

I wish other surgeons would have as big a heart as Dr. Now. Thank you for all you do!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/4/17 4:56 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

He is truly a wonderful human being. I used to worry about the lack of psychological evaluation and follow-up care that his "600-lb Life" patients received, but the show is now focusing on that in addition to surgery.

He is always so kind to his patients, even those who lie to his face and ignore his requirements. He always gives second, third and fourth chances to people who most doctors would have abandoned. I met him at the OH conference last year, and he is a sweet man.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/5/17 7:50 am

A quality human.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Barbsleeved
on 4/5/17 1:10 pm, edited 4/5/17 6:11 am
VSG on 08/22/14

I don't understand the worship for this guy on this site.

He seems to not understand the complexity of what causes these patients to gain excessive amounts of weight and will chastise them for simply not following the diet he gives them, like it's so damn easy for them to change their whole mindset overnight. He shouldn't TOUCH one of these extreme cases without them having years of intensive therapy first.

Still like the doctor from Fat Doctor better. He seems more empathic.

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

mi75
on 4/8/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

Love him. He is extraordinary. I wish I had consulted him prior to my surgery (need a revision from VSG to RNY due to severe GERD). I really respect his attitude and compassion, but he cuts NO corners and is very honest.

I am about to graduate from a Nurse Practitioner program and hope to someday work in a bariatric practice. I have so much love for this industry...I wonder if Dr. Now is hiring providers????

Most Active