Constipation

Magill2
on 4/7/17 8:20 am

I am 9 weeks out and I just don't have bowel movements. I have tried tea, Miralax and natural laxatives. They produce very few "rabbit pellets." Help!!?

catwoman7
on 4/7/17 8:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's a really common problem. Other remedies people use: magnesium, Milk of Magnesia (MoM) (just use this one occasionally, though - if you're really backed up, taking MoM for a night or two usually helps). If gets really bad, some people have to resort to enemas or suppositories, but hopefully it won't get that far. I take a fiber supplement plus magnesium capsules every day, and then take Miralax a couple of times a week whether I need it or not just to keep things moving. Occasionally I'll have to take Milk of Magnesia, but not often. Exercise and drinking lots of fluids helps, too.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Valerie G.
on 4/7/17 9:36 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You need water, fiber and fat for a good poo. If you're taking any painkillers, they will get you too.

• Make sure you're getting a minimum of 64 oz of fluids
  • Make sure you're eating some natural fats
  • Get some kind of fiber in your diet - even if it's liquid

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

White Dove
on 4/7/17 10:45 am - Warren, OH

You have over 20 feet of intestines. A blockage can happen in them. Small pieces of feces can squeeze around it. I would do something like magnesium citrate to clean everything out. But ask your doctor first.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Erin T.
on 4/7/17 11:06 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm 11 weeks out and I have to take Miralax daily. I stopped for 2 days because I had the opposite problem and bad idea. It takes about 4 days of a full cap of Miralax to get things moving for me, then I can take 1/2 cap per day and things stay near-to-normal.

When I'm really suffering I have to use glycerin suppositories. No fun, but it's instant relief.

I've also found that mixing decaf coffee in my nightly shake has made a difference. I had a lot of success with magnesium citrate (start slow) before my surgery. It's been a chronic problem for me most of my life anyway.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Magill2
on 4/8/17 5:21 pm

I thank everyone *****sponded.

I LOVE coffee and have not had the flavor since my RNY. I will try it! Thank you.

Most Active