Abby Lee Miller of "Dance Moms" Undergoes V.S.G.

Batwingsman
on 4/22/17 12:01 pm, edited 4/22/17 4:26 pm - Garland, TX

Just saw this article. Looks like she is going through the "pre-surgery jitters" big time ...

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/04/22/exclusi ve-abby-lee-miller-breaks-down-before-new-surgery-nobo/22050 773/

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

White Dove
on 4/22/17 2:32 pm - Warren, OH

What a shame. After years of diabetes, she needs a DS or RNY.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 4/22/17 4:41 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I have never watched a complete episode of that show... my trouble with these shows that feature celebrities (or wanna-be celebrities) having weight loss surgery is that I think does more of a disservice... they are usually filled with stereotypical, stigmatizing crap about "fat people" and in the interest of TV time weight seems to magically disappear reinforcing "the easy way" BS that most of us have had to face. The focus too is usually the before & after physical transformation of the person vs. the reason most of us in the real world have weight loss surgery... major health issues that could have killed us.

Well and then as a fellow post-op I feel bad for them... with rag mags snapping pictures from all angles to see if they are "gaining it all back" or pictures of them with anything but a carrot stick in their hand proclaiming "look they are eating crap again" that's some pressure to deal with.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/17 4:49 pm

My daughter used to watch her show. It makes me cringe every time I heard her voice. She is a witch.

I know TV portrays people to be more evil than they are. I just didn't like the way she treated the kids.

Barbsleeved
on 4/22/17 7:03 pm
VSG on 08/22/14

Oh goody. Another "celebrity" like Mama June ready to treat bariatric surgery like a circus side show. How will we ever help the stigma of WLS with all these people acting like it's fodder for reality TV?

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

White Dove
on 4/22/17 7:51 pm - Warren, OH

My niece used to dance in competitions and Abby Lee would be at the shows with her students. Abby Lee came across as a witch in her TV show, but she is also a fiercely competitive person who wins consistently. The dance moms were often the really evil ones.

She is a person who has needed help with her weight for many years. I think she is just finally getting the help she needs and not trying to be a side show

I just feel bad that she did not go for a surgery more likely to put her diabetes into remission. I hope she is one that VSG works for.

AggieMae
on 4/22/17 9:11 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

Actually, VGS "works" for anyone willing to do the work.

White Dove
on 4/23/17 2:22 am - Warren, OH

I was not referring to the weight loss but to the odds of diabetes being put into remission.

2bthindiva
on 4/23/17 5:28 am

Why will in not work for diabetes?

White Dove
on 4/23/17 7:53 am - Warren, OH

It only reduces the stomach. DS and RNY also reroute the intestines.

VSG gives a 50% chance that diabetes will go into remission. RNY gives a 85% change and DS about a 97% chance.

Doctors do not know why, but for diabetes it makes sense to get the surgery that gives the best odds of putting the diabetes into remission.

Most Active