My new journey! Is liquid diet too drastic? well I hope so!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/4/17 6:30 pm - Laurel, MD
I wish I had done this sooner. Why did I wait so long?
Is this really working? In order to jump start some wl, I am doing my own Induction faze, with a moderate liquid diet. Lot's of protein supplements, vits. for sure, primarily, broths, smoothies, H2O indeed.
Crackers here and there if needed? but not really? and boiled eggs. Once I go back on foods, I then want to do a low carb moderation. In just an effort to get the ball rolling, I came out the gate this time, drastic, with a liquid diet, like right before, and after surgery. I've never done this before? I am really Starting over.
After eating the boiled eggs, I felt full? could this really be working? is my stomach/pouch shrinking at all? or is this all in my head? Here's the kicker? I feel just fine. I thought I would feel so hungry? but I don't ? I am shocked. My 1st day was odd. Today is day 5. Exercise, I learned that lesson long ago, they go hand in hand? So who's an expert out here? Who has done this before? I know I am not the only one? Tell me your thoughts, and please be nice about it. I had to start somewhere, so I finally did.
How long will this last? Well as long as I can stand it? my goal is to lose 55lbs. My goal wt is 199. Originally I came from the Heavy wts. bench. So 10 yrs. later, 199 is good for me. Docs originally goal, from HW was 189? I want to be under 200, and maintain. Hard work and effort. Regain in 10 yrs. is 33lbs. My goal is to lose that & then some. I never made it to my own personal goal after wls, or the docs. Therefore the time is now. Do you think this is doable? Well either way, I am trying.
Thanks,
Jbug.
AggieMae
on 5/4/17 6:50 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

This is just my opinion, but I don't see any benefit in going back to liquids. It's just too much denial and self inflicted punishment.

When ever my weight lose slows down it's because I'm grazing. I ego back to eat nothing but protein for 3-4 days. For me this is four 3-4 oz meals a day. It never comes to more than 1000 calories. Then I lower the protein and add back veggies cheese and nuts.

Keeping an honest food journal really helps me see my patterns so I can work on changing them.

Limiting myself to four meals a day might seem restrictive , for me, it's better than protein drinks or looking forward to an egg...

Have you considered keto diet or just counting your carbs and protein?

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/4/17 7:04 pm, edited 5/4/17 12:19 pm - Laurel, MD
I'm already 6 days in, and I am good. The benefit I needed was to jump start some wl. My plan is to do a low carb diet, when I finish my Induction faze of primarily liquids.

I have plans for sure. As of right now, I am just hanging in here day by day.

I had no choice, but to go drastic this time around, and if need be, I will do it again.

So far I am satisfied. I am not really missing the food as I actually thought I would. So since this currently working for me, I will continue. Why even tonight I had some spinach, to try and get a bowel movement in? sorry TMI. This was a drastic beginning I will admit, but I am worth it. I owe it to myself, to have some self control, and it feels really good. I am handling it so far, so good. I am actually shocked that I do not feel so hungry. A a modified as needed liquid diet. However primarily it's mostly liquids.

Peace,
Jbug
Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/4/17 6:52 pm - Burleson, TX

Did you read what people took the time to write to you yesterday?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/4/17 7:06 pm, edited 5/4/17 12:21 pm - Laurel, MD
Yes!

I had this same post on the "diet & nutrition" thread. There was no feedback, so I re posted it here as well.

Did I say

Thank you! ALL

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/4/17 7:18 pm - Laurel, MD
I remember you mentioning for me to keep you all posted, and I shall. Over the years, I always find my way back to OH! and Thankful that site is up and running, not really thriving like before, but it's still here for me/us, and that's what really matters.
Hat's off to you on your success!
I am sure you have much respect, so I will honor that. I am glad you are here.
Congratulations to you.
If I fly away from the OH nest, from time to time, I always fly back at some point. And some are still here, and others long gone! and there is always new friends to meet on their journey ride.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/5/17 4:55 am - Burleson, TX

Thank you, but I meant your thread about asking Vets' advice, on the MB. You received responses, but did not acknowledge them. When people do that...esp people unfamiliar people, they may be thought of as "flashes in the pan", bait posts, or even trolls, and not get the responses they may be HONESTLY needing

OH has evolved, over the years, as have people, in general, I think...Just trying to help you out!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/5/17 6:31 pm, edited 5/6/17 1:35 pm - Laurel, MD
Thanks for the heads up. ( I think?)

I am about as real as real gets. I may not post on the board every single day, but as I stated, I always check in at some point, whatever the case ,may be.

I am about as loyal as loyal can be! Calm down, I am legitimate, check for yourself. It appears as though you are the queen, and I have no intentions on stealing your spotlight. I am just here to chit chat, and learn about the journeys of others. So don't come off so harsh? I am oldie but goody!! LOL.

I've had my Blog up since January of 2007, if you did not check as yet.

I was actually somewhat offended by that comment.

I am sure their are new members on the board everyday, and old members who sometimes check in and out as I do? So at this point and time in my life, I am back because I choose to be. Will I post everyday? I would like to, but I doubt it.

I have a lot of threads on my Group board BOTT.

I check the general boards from time to time as well, ( is that okay?) if anyone cares to know, they should check my page and find out, instead of being rude.

I know you did not mean to be, so I will let it go.

Have a good weekend.

Peace & Love

Jbug

Mary Gee
on 5/6/17 9:34 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

WOW!! Just WOW. You need not worry about stealing Gina's spotlight ---- her light has been shining for years - always helping people out.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/6/17 9:46 am - Burleson, TX

Thank you, MARY Lucky, for me, a spotlight is the least of life's problems :)

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1390 views