Speeding up the process

116f1763
on 5/25/17 9:19 pm

Currently on 6 mont supervised diet. Is there anything I can do while doing this so that once I'm done it will be that much sooner to my surgery date?

thx

White Dove
on 5/26/17 3:18 am - Warren, OH

Some surgeons schedule many months in advance. I finished my insurance requirements in July and was scheduled for December. Ask your surgeon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/26/17 3:35 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Ask your navigator from the surgeon's office. There are a bunch of blood tests, cardio approval, etc. Ask, if you are doing well on your supr diet, when you can get those things done(hopefully in month 4,5 and 6). What is the day after your 6-mo diet is over? Then a week later for ins approval.

Don'tknow how mobile you are, but you will need to walk after surgery to avoid blood clots, so make sure that you are mobile.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/17 3:55 am
On May 26, 2017 at 4:19 AM Pacific Time, 116f1763 wrote:

Currently on 6 mont supervised diet. Is there anything I can do while doing this so that once I'm done it will be that much sooner to my surgery date?

thx

What's your surgeon saying? I think you should follow his advise.

Gwen M.
on 5/26/17 4:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Find out what your other requirements are - psych evaluation, EGD, etc. See if you can start working on those before the end of the diet.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Knitter215
on 5/26/17 4:48 am
VSG on 08/23/16
On May 26, 2017 at 11:36 AM Pacific Time, Gwen M. wrote:

Find out what your other requirements are - psych evaluation, EGD, etc. See if you can start working on those before the end of the diet.

Gwen M. hits the nail on the head. Also, use the time to start re-defining your relationship with food. Start logging everything you eat - find a food and fitness tracking method that works for you. (I use My Fitness Pal and find it quite helpful). Use the time to get your relationship with food in the right place - in my opinion, getting your head in the right place about this is more than half the battle.

Experiment with exercise - start investigating gyms in your area and join one if you are able to physically and financially.

Set up a Pinterest board or vision board with what your goal is -- not just a number, but are there things you want to do, places to go, activities to try, etc.

Plan for set backs - plan now for how to deal with stalls (they are inevitable) or difficult days when you make bad decisions, or dealing with special occasions where you don't have control of the menu (e.g. four days before surgery I had to attend a wedding while I was on a 1.000 calorie a day ultra low fat diet to shrink my liver for surgery.)

Best of luck on your journey.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/17 9:00 am

Exactly- my 6 months prior to surgery was full of things to be checked off.I feel like I had an appointment once a week for one thing or another!

theAntiChick
on 5/30/17 9:43 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Ditto what everyone else is saying. I had a checklist and worked to get all the other things done while doing my supervised (mine was only 90 days).

Be sure and find out if any of those things expire, though. I had to do a cardiac stress test (I have had previous cardiac issues) and got that done right off the bat, but found out that it was only good for 2 months, but managed to get my surgery scheduled just under the wire. I'd have had to re-do the stress test if the surgery had gotten pushed out 2 more weeks. Yikes!

I also highly recommend finding a good therapist if you have any unresolved food/body image issues. I have found it to be as valuable as the surgery itself in changing my relationship with food. I was an emotional eater and an overeater borderline binge eater, and the surgery didn't do a thing for that. Therapy has been what has helped put me on the path to resolving those things. I could have already been eating around/over my sleeve without the help of therapy.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views