Kathy S's WLS Journey - Memories June 9, 2004

Kathy S.
on 6/20/17 11:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I have had a lot of members ask about my journey and reading through 34 pages of blog entries can be frustrating to say the least. Thinking about it and reading through the blog entries it was amazing how much things are kinda the same even though it was 13 years ago. I decided to share my blog entries. Please keep in mind I was a newbie, just beginning so no judgements. It's my party and I will cry if I want to It helped me to see that others were going through what I was and I hope this helps you to

Consult with Surgeon

June 9, 2004

I had my consult with my surgeon. He seems really young, chuckle, chuckle. He has done this for over 3 years on his own and for 2 years under the department head. His total surgeries exceed 700 and he averages about 4-6 a week.

He answered all my questions and told me to call whenever I had any another questions. They stated that even if the insurance company approves me right away it would still be 2-3 months. Yikes this really takes a long time.

Well I feel better about my doctor. There was no information about him on the OH website.

Next step? The dance with the insurance company. CHA CHA CHA!

Update thought - I picked well, Dr. Nagle is now Director of his department. Go Dr. Nagle! I used this time to deal with my head issues and looking back I think this was key to my long term success.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/21/17 7:14 am - Burleson, TX

Mostly I'm glad you don't use that font anymore! Nearly went blind, trying to read it! Of course, when I read it, 13 years ago, my eyes were YOUNGER, so I probably did just fine, THEN !!!!

Thank you, for sharing this. I know I used to write page, after page, of dribble...Bless anyone *****ad that crap...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 6/21/17 10:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Awwww, Gina I loved that font Sorry it was hard to read...

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1313 views