Kathy S WLS Journey - When will the phone ring?

Kathy S.
on 6/27/17 11:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

When Will The Phone Ring?

July 18, 2004
Well I had to call my Surgeon's office and leave messages for the Nurse Lisa. It will be 2 weeks Monday they got the approval letter from the insurance company. I finally got a message from the nurse to call Friday as she "had" everything ready to go. I guess that means a date. My job as a Software Analyst is one of support in nature and it's hard to call me at work. Needless to say everyone can hear what you are talking about and I have chosen not to tell anyone at this time. I tried to call Lisa during lunch around 1:00 but she was busy. They told me to try and call Lisa Monday at another phone number.

I am getting nervous, as I have to pull things together at work. I need to give them as much notice as possible as when anyone is out it's a hardship on my department. I also need to get the ST disability papers going as well. I am hoping the surgery date gives me at least a month, but will take what I can get.

With monitoring the boards I have a ton of questions and really need to see the Surgeon again again. I did see on the board he is having a Seminar 7-28 and maybe if I go and hear him and get some questions answer I will feel better.

Will post again after getting my date....

Updated thoughts - this is a good example on how (if you are lucky enough to have insurance) the insurance/approval dance can drive you to eat!!! Take it one day at a time and be your own advocate. Keep calling!!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Terri Ott Norris
on 6/27/17 11:33 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

I got the call!! I got a date!! I GOT A FREAKIN DATE!!

So 'funny' that you posted this today, are you reading my mind again?

July 18, Fremont-you in? Should be a good time-I understand the Surgeon and I will be wearing party hats-I certainly think you should wear one with us!!

I GOT A DATE KATHY!!

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Kathy S.
on 6/27/17 2:42 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I can't type enough words how happy I am for you Terri....let me go ask for the date off right now

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Terri Ott Norris
on 6/27/17 3:22 pm - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

You are the BESTEST!!

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com