Saggy boobs/skin

KittysarusRex
on 7/5/17 12:05 pm

So far this has been the most frustrating part of my weight loss journey. I've lost 100 lbs in a year, I'm at 160lbs and my breasts especially make me feel incredibly self conscious. My boyfriend tells me all the time he loves my body, but I'm not in love with my body.

Had anyone tried any non-surgery alternatives that have helped for loose skin and saggy breasts?

Rachel B.
on 7/5/17 12:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Soma has a sale going on right now and I just picked up a couple bra's on sale to carry me through. I'm a little older, so I expected the saggy boob-sock look. I went from a 38DD to 34D currently.

I might get a boob lift in another six months or so. I might get a light face/neck lift, too. I look too young to have saggy bits...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

KittysarusRex
on 7/5/17 12:15 pm

That's pretty much how I feel. I want to give non-surgery options a try if I can.

Rachel B.
on 7/5/17 1:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Mine have had many years large. I have great muscle development, but there is only so much that can do. My skin doesn't have the elasticity it used to.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/5/17 12:22 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Unfortunately, there's nothing out there that will shrink your skin back. Creams, lotions, wraps, pills, nothin'. We grew that extra skin to cover our fat, and it's not going anywhere.

Some folks manage to make peace with their skin. Others have to save for surgery. And most of us wear a LOT of shapewear in the meantime.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jenorama
on 7/5/17 12:48 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Like Julie said regarding skin, there's nothing that will really help once your skin has snapped back as much as it can naturally outside of surgery. For the breasts themselves, working out and developing your underlying chest muscles can help them sit better on your frame, but time does take it's toll. Mine have never been perky, but I'm hoping to give them a bit of lift with my workouts. :D

Jen

ThatMeanOne
on 7/5/17 12:55 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

Never found anything over the counter that worked to lift my boobs post weight loss but I am 5 days post op from a breast reduction (where they obviously put them back in the correct location) and even though I haven't seen them yet I already know I'm a fan.

So if you have any questions re that route I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

KittysarusRex
on 7/5/17 1:04 pm

My biggest questions really are 1. Cost and 2. What type lift/reduction did you have?

Laura in Texas
on 7/6/17 11:50 am

I had a LeJour lift with lollipop scar. I love the lollipop scar because unlike the traditional anchor scar, no part of the scar is near my cleavage (so it will not show no matter how low cut my clothing is). I also think it gives a more natural shape and not boxy like other methods.

HERE is a before/after my surgeon posted on realself that looks very similar to my before/after.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ThatMeanOne
on 7/5/17 1:18 pm, edited 7/5/17 6:18 am
VSG on 08/22/16

I had no out of pocket cost besides my normal co-pays. I've had large breasts my whole life and with weight loss gravity did a number on them resulting in back and neck pain - so it was considered medically necessary.

I have the standard incisions around the areola then down and across the crease under my breast. I think it's an anchor shape. I scar really light though so it isn't a major concern for me.

BTW. It wasn't particularly difficult for me to get insurance approval - and I did not wait for a certain period after my sleeve or anything. I'm still 21 pounds from goal but I needed it bad - my back was killing me.

Most Active