Kathy S WLS Journey - Plateau Already? NO SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Kathy S.
on 7/21/17 10:02 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

November 6, 2004

Well I expected a slow down at some time but not this earlier. It's really funny when I think about it, (well trying to laugh). I laided in bed for 6 weeks and lost most of my 45lbs from surgery day weight and then when the doctor said I could start moving again my weight loss stopped. I started with walking, then joined a women's work out place. I have been going almost everyday. I am STUCK at 236. I have been that weight for 3 weeks now. I know the body is adjusting, I know I need to increase my protein. I bought a Weider's protein drink that has 35 grams of protein and try to gulp as much as I can without getting sick, then I hold my nose for a few mins. This seems to work.

Thinking we lose the most at the fastest time frame within the first 6 months it makes me feel I am losing valuable time. I saw a post the other day that said to go on a "all protein diet for a week to 10 days and this should get the old scale moving again. I didn't get on the scale today and will eat only protein and see if this gets it going.

Well it's really nice here for November and I am going to go out and walk. I hope this gets moving soon as I am ready to throw something out the window :-) Myself or the scale? chuckle...

I will be seeing my surgeon next Thursday. Anticipating going back to work that following Monday. I really have mixed emotions about it. I need to get back for money reasons, but my job was a big source of stress and I was a stress eater. Notice I said was......hoping I have learned to cope but the real test will come when I get back.

Take care,
Kathy

Updated thoughts - this really threw me but looking back it really was the body adjusting. If you have as much to lose as I did there will be times when the body will say "wait" "stop" "wth"? If this happens change up your eating and what you are doing to move and it helps. Don't stress, do your best and if you stick to the rules it will happen for you!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

SiennaSweet
on 7/22/17 1:26 pm

I am at six months and having the same issues as you. I didn't even try and the weight melted away. Now I am exercising and trying hard but I can't lose a pound. The hard thing for me is the mental game. I had physical restrictions from surgery that have lifted. I crave sugar hard, my emotional eating isn't restricted now. I can eat what I want when I want and I am scared. I can make the right decisions so I just need to keep on the path. Any tips for getting my head straight is appreciated!

Kathy S.
on 7/24/17 11:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Up your protein and see if that helps

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1145 views