kathy S WLS Journey - Plateau buster and stress eating

Kathy S.
on 7/24/17 11:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Is The Plateau Over?

Nov. 11 2004

Well I took Fri, Sat and Sun and didn't get on the scales and ate nothing but protein. Walked but didn't work out like a maniac. Monday I was down 4 pounds. I think the plateau is over.

Saw Dr. Nagel today and he said things were looking really good and I can go back to work on Monday. 2 1/2 months out of work. I hope they don't fire me on Monday being away so long. But then when I spoke with my boss she said things were really bad there, stress wise. I then called a co-worker and they said it's the worst ever! Boy is this going to be a test for me. My job was the biggest source of stress for me and caused my stress eating. I hope I can do this. Maybe I should find that bottle of Lexapro and start taking them now. My BP has been great, I give it 2 - 3 weeks and I bet it will be back up.

Lord give me strength but hurry. Let you know how it goes after the first week back.

I also saw the dietician and nurse. They took me off Flintstone's vitamins and I am now going to take pre-natal vitamins and B12 that dissolves under your tongue. No Calcium as I drink and eat a lot of cheese.

I really am just like all my fellow WLS friends. Please lord, let the complications be gone for good. I still don't know if I would do this again but I am feeling better about it.

Updated thoughts - nothing but protein as always worked for me then and now. It gets my weight going in the right direction and has never failed me. If you find you are in that position up your protein and it should get your weight loss moving again.

Stress was my #1 trigger for my eating. My fear of it being a challenge was an understatement, TOO!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active