Exciting Low Carb Recipe

SkinnyScientist
on 7/26/17 5:40 am

Ever get into one of those "I hate all my recipes and I have nothing to eat" kind of moods?

So was looking for a new recipe and this one looks super exciting. Only 7.2 g of carbs. Ground beef, ghee, pine nuts, parsley, assorted spices-How hard can this be?

https://thelemonbowl.com/lebanese-hushwee-ground-beef-pine-n uts/

So I am going to give it a whirl.

Note: This is low carb (if you dont serve it with pita bread, crackers, dough) but it is certainly NOT low fat. It has clarified butter/ghee. But I need some fat in my diet otherwise I have constipation issues.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/26/17 6:42 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I make something very close to this -- my Iraqi friends call it "hummus with haushwa" -- but I use lamb instead of ground beef.

I do believe it's Lebanese/Syrian in origin -- it's fabulous!! I tend to prefer Lebanese and Syrian style middle-eastern food -- except for kapsah. For kapsah, I want the Saudi style.

I never worry about fat --- ever. I don't think I could maintain well without a good amount of healthy fats in my diet.

Be sure to post how it turns out.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

SkinnyScientist
on 7/26/17 7:03 am

Sure thing! Will do!

I like middle eastern food, but sometimes it can be really rice/grain heavy.

But does anything beat a well-made kaboob!?!?!?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/26/17 7:11 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I make "rods" all the time -- you're right-- kabobs rule. I make a Thai version (chili and lime) that is one of my favorites.

An additional benefit is that I can get my 11 year old to any healthy item by simply putting it on a stick. LOL.

I never eat rice/grains -- but you are right. My students love to make me special dishes from their home countries, but they all know I don't eat carbs -- so they just leave those things out. Since I am not only cooking for myself, I make small amounts as sides for them, and just don't eat them.

If you like spicy food, try Pakistani dishes. It's like a fusion of Middle Eastern and Indian food.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/26/17 10:00 am

Looks great. Thanks. I will definitely try that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1509 views