Building a support group [Crosspost]

RNY_elizabeth
on 8/9/17 8:26 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The internet is a fabulous virtual space filled with plenty of useful and delightful things. OH has been a huge part of my journey to getting healthier and creating healthy habits. Sometimes the open forums here though can feel overwhelming for me. I know I personally am fed by small group gatherings more than large crowds.

Being supportive to new folks and giving back to the OH community is certainly super valuable but I am no Vet so my advise isn't really all that vital and I need to make sure I am getting my needs filled before spending energy helping others. Giving myself room to find a less public support system is an effort toward self-care and putting on my own oxygen mask first.

As a way to find what fits my stress level best I am looking to see if some folks are interested in joining me for a smaller non-public accountability and support group online experience. The main boards often feel too rough for me to be truly vulnerable and I need space to get real with other people on a similar path. Basically I need some old fashion regular love not tough love for a hot minute.

If you are interested, feel free to send me a message and I will get you an invite. If you aren't interested, great. No worries. I will still be around and post in the main boards when I have the spoons to do so.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

jackiepicard
on 8/9/17 12:37 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 08/02/16 with

I'm interested :)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/9/17 3:48 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

SisterWithit
on 8/10/17 4:17 pm - St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Hi Elizabeth!
I sent you a note, and a friendship request - so, thank you!
Earlier, I also read you mentioning about an "invitation", and you wanted to know if it wasn't received?
When you have time, would you mind checking if mine needs to be re-sent?
Thx! :)

ljbarbara
on 8/10/17 7:16 pm

I accepted your friend request. Hope it went through!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Most Active