Paying for the surgery

lancert82
on 8/17/17 2:32 pm - Powhatan, VA

I currently work for a nonprofit company. I thought I had come across a way they could help me cover my sleeve surgery. Any ideas or websites that I can use would be great!

jenorama
on 8/17/17 3:18 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I understand there is a thing called Care Credit you might look into. Also, look into Mexico--I've seen some folks paying $5k plus airfare for the whole shebang.

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 8/18/17 3:47 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm really not understanding what you are asking.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sampeck
on 8/18/17 4:21 pm
VSG on 05/22/17

Like Go Fund Me?

ChristineB
on 8/18/17 4:23 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

You need to tell others here if you have insurance coverage or not. Saying that you work for a nonprofit really does not tell any of us anything.

Be careful with going out of the country for surgery. When you come back you might not be able to find a doctor that will handle your follow-up care. My doctor for one will not take on a patient that has had surgery in MX.

You might be able to find a company that will finance medical bills.

Good Luck

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

MarinaGirl
on 8/20/17 6:33 am
On August 18, 2017 at 11:23 PM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:

You need to tell others here if you have insurance coverage or not. Saying that you work for a nonprofit really does not tell any of us anything.

Be careful with going out of the country for surgery. When you come back you might not be able to find a doctor that will handle your follow-up care. My doctor for one will not take on a patient that has had surgery in MX.

Good Luck

I haven't had any problems with getting medical care after WLS in Tijuana, Mexico. My PCP was/is supportive. Thus far I've had no complications so haven't required add'l care in the U.S., which I attribute to selecting a top notch surgeon and following his pre and post-op plans diligently. And my PCP will do the proper lab work to ensure my levels are normal.

But it's always good to check out ahead of time whether your clinicians will treat you if you have surgery outside your country of residence.

ChristineB
on 8/20/17 5:35 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On August 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Pacific Time, MarinaGirl wrote:
On August 18, 2017 at 11:23 PM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:

Good Luck

I haven't had any problems with getting medical care after WLS in Tijuana, Mexico. My PCP was/is supportive. Thus far I've had no complications so haven't required add'l care in the U.S., which I attribute to selecting a top notch surgeon and following his pre and post-op plans diligently. And my PCP will do the proper lab work to ensure my levels are normal.

But it's always good to check out ahead of time whether your clinicians will treat you if you have surgery outside your country of residence.

I should have qualified that my "WLS surgeon" not PCP will not do a follow-up with a patient that has had surgery in MX.

I am happy that you have had great F/U care, that is great. Happy that you have had success! :)

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active