Premier Protein vs. Unjury

Melody P.
on 9/20/17 10:09 am - Amarillo, TX

i had my third class yesterday. My weight was...the exact same...three months and no change in the official weighing. I thought I had been doing well...lol. Not so much! I am not counting solely on weight. I don't even know yet if I'll have to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery. I'm sure I will.

it seems the new med I'm on for mood swings may not make me gain weight but it is not letting go of the weight.

now...I haven't been perfect in the eating department. I admit and own up to that. It's time to get very serious. I've decided to cut calories and up my protein. After a quick talk with the nutritionist that the 1200-1400 calories would be my goal.

I got a four pack of premier protein. Banana flavor and replaced my breakfast this morning. It was ok, not great but ok. At least it isn't clumpy. I had a friend who has been through WLS suggest unjury. Have also heard of it a few times here. I'm wanting to replace one meal a day with a protein drink/shake. I do feel quite satisfied with the breakfast. Is premier protein's powder any good?

I don't have the money to try a bunch of different things. I like that unjury has single packets I could try. I've also heard of syntrax(sp?). I have a texture problem so clumps is very icky to me. Taste is important to but not as much as the clumpy stuff.

thanks so much for reading! Any suggestions is appreciated!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 9/20/17 10:27 am - Burleson, TX

As far as RTD (Ready to Drink) I like Premier...but I do NOT like the powder, and I only like the CHOCOLATE and the CARAMEL. I buy them, by the case, at Sam's Club

For POWDER, I like Click (I order from Amazon--is a little pricey), but, when I am a little broke-like USUALLY...like NOW...I use Pure Protein Powder, chocolate powder. I buy it, at Wal-Mart, for under $20, a tub

I used to use Unjury- loved the chocolate. Don't remember why I quit. Probably because I could just pick up the others at the store, and I was on Amazon pretty much every day

It's weird that chocolate is my favorite protein drink, because I am NOT a "chocolate person"

I am 15 years post RNY, and have started my day, with a protein shake pretty much every day, since my WLS. It's just MY preference. It works for ME

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

catwoman7
on 9/20/17 10:42 am, edited 9/20/17 4:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Unjury and Syntrax Nectar products are both good products - they're both 100% whey protein isolate, which is what they suggest when you're an early post-op and getting most if not all of your protein from shakes (as opposed to food). I like both - I can't taste the protein in either one. Syntrax you can get from a lot of places - amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. Unjury you can only get from Unjury's Web site.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 9/20/17 10:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

p.s. both companies sell samples. Order them online. You'll get some of every flavor (Syntrax has a ton of flavors)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MeerKat1994
on 9/20/17 10:46 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Personally not a fan of the Unjury mix. It's so thick and so sweet. I prefer Premiers ready made. However, the best protein shakes I've had are hands down Syntrax's Necter line. So good! You can mix them with water so they are way easier to dilute and drink throughout the day. Big fan.

HonestOmnivore
on 9/20/17 12:12 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Neither - my newest go-to in RTD protein is the Pure Protein "Frosty Chocolate" which seems to be the easiest to get down. I bought a case of the Pure Protein "Banana Cream" from Amazon and didn't like it much, I've been using it to make Chia pudding the last couple of days and that seems to work OK.

I've also (thanks to JB and a few others) learned to make a "slurry" of protein powder and milk or water, and use that in my hot tea (hot green chai tea is my favorite) along with some Truvia. I find the flavored powders way too sweet and chemical tasting, but the plain is wonderful!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Jeepnyak
on 9/20/17 2:55 pm, edited 9/20/17 2:47 pm
VSG on 07/03/17

Any RTD I drink, I take out of the fridge and throw into the freezer. They are almost frozen that way and taste so much better.

HW:320 SW:290 GW:190 CW:181

5'11", age 37 M1-28, M2-12, M3-16,

M4-15, M5-16, M6-5

M7-8(100lb goal) M8-4 M9-0

M10-5 M11-3 M12-0

Andiemarie30
on 9/21/17 6:44 am
VSG on 03/21/17

I LOVE Unjury Chocolate Splendor. I make it with Almond Milk and 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter. I use it for breakfast or for a pre-workout meal when biking. I have also made it with Fairlife milk and it does stick with me a little longer but I also drink it slower so that may be it too. I shake it up with a blender bottle and rarely have lumps.

Writergurl08
on 9/21/17 11:37 am, edited 9/21/17 4:39 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm also pre-op, but did the liquid diet with my husband when he had his surgery in May. I thought the Premier Protein shakes were great at first! But I got super burned out on them to the point that I'm looking for ANY other options when it comes time for my surgery lol. I have been testing a few. I love Unjury's Chicken Soup, since I was so sick of all the sweet flavors. I also ordered the sample pack of the Syntrax nectars on Amazon, and so far the grapefruit flavor is my favorite.

i haven't tried Unjury's other flavors but I heard the chocolate is good.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Valerie G.
on 9/21/17 2:53 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Definitely get single servings to try before dropping a load on something. A word of warning - do this a second time after your surgery. What tastes okay now could turn your stomach as a post-op.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active