Kathy S - WLS Journey - Exercise is key for me.

Kathy S.
on 9/25/17 2:42 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

December 3, 2005 EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are reading this post on my profile I can't stress enough what a difference exercise makes. Let me share with you what I have been doing.

When you first start out, walking is your best friend. When the surgeon says you can do more a Curves is a great program, but don't get hooked into more than 6 months or a year at the most. Trust me, after working out for awhile and the pounds melt off of you, you will need more of a challenge than they can offer.

Just my opinion mind you, and I am only sharing what worked for me.

Save up your dollars now, if there is anyway possible go to a gym with personal trainers. They are soooooooooo worth the extra dollars. You learn more in a few sessions with them than you do in years of trying to do it yourself.

How many times have you been working your butt off and you are just not losing, pounds and or inches. Or in my case putting muscle on. Because there is really a right way and wrong way to workout. Have you ever wondered where Lance Armstrong gets his extra push to win all those races? He has learned to make his body an efficient machine for burning cals and energy.

I had my consult with my Personal Trainer. My first impression of him was great, ok he is young, good looking and buff to the 10's. Well do you want to be working with someone that isn't, chuckle, chuckle... But I felt he won't be able to relate to what I have been through being fat all my life and then having WLS. I told him my story and he was really moved. He shared with me he knew what it was to feel ugly. He said he was the dork in school and it was so bad he would wait after school until all the others had gone home as they would beat him up every day. Ok, I think he knows what we go have to go through.

If you don't think working out helps, well my body fat is 14%. Yea, I said 14%...not sure how that happened as women should be anywhere from 22% - 18%. Anyway, we are working on putting the muscle on big time.

When I told my PT that my surgery was approved, he said we are going to train me as if I was going to be a body builder. My PS said the more muscle you put on and the leaner your body the better, your outcome will be, he said I will ROCK!!!!

Take care,
Kathy

Updated thoughts - exercise was and is key for me getting to goal and keeping the weight off. I was not able to continue with a PT but I was able to do my own stuff. The older I get the more I can see how much it helps with balance and keeping the weight gain at bay!!! If you are considering plastics try as much as you can to reduce the fat so when they do remove the skin you will get the tightness you want. When I was battle my weight gain it really did not fall into place until I started riding my bike again. I don't know many people that go out and bike 8 miles and come home and eat pancakes and butter. It just sets the tone for the day on what you eat and keeps you true to yourself!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views