Umm...maybe a strange question...maybe not

Melody P.
on 10/21/17 5:39 pm - Amarillo, TX

I had a EGD done yesterday and all is well!

My question is....well it's a bit embarrassing for me. I have read that hair loss is an issue. Thanks to family genes and an out of whack metabolism I have an issue with unwanted hair. I have had the laser hair removal done on my face and it didn't do anything but hurt me and cost a lot. Does the weight loss help at all? It is mainly this...I have very dark hair and my skin is rather fair. It really shows!

I don't have PCOS and my thyroid is normal from what I know(I can't remember the exact time it was tested...maybe 4 years ago) and i've had this issue since my early 20's.

I just now thought of this and was wondering if some of y'all could shed some light. If you have any info i'd appreciate it. If you'd rather PM that would be awesome too!

Gwen M.
on 10/21/17 7:16 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Nope, the hair "loss" is temporary and, sadly, won't reduce hair in places you'd like it to. :(

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/22/17 9:10 am

As Gwen mentioned- probably not. Plus - when some of the head's hair fall out and you will try to take things like biotin to help the hair the grow again, unfortunately that works like a miracle on all other hair. Specially on other hair - legs,arms, face, etc. Not fair.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/17 9:33 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I do have PCOS and lots of unwanted facial growth and the weight loss has done nothing to make that any better. It almost seems as if the facial hair is worse than ever before actually and I'm not taking extra biotin for just this reason.

Melody P.
on 10/22/17 3:12 pm - Amarillo, TX

I was thinking that would be the case! Thanks!