laziness vs/ lack of energy..

Gwen M.
on 11/9/17 12:30 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Did you stop taking supplements?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

minaque2
on 11/9/17 12:09 pm

I honestly feel like I almost can't trust my mind/body to figure out whether I am lazy or truly lacking energy. Also, I really enjoy the walking. It feels good for me.

minaque2
on 11/9/17 12:56 pm

No. I've been taking my supplements since day 1. I had blood work done 3 months before surgery with a gastro. I was anemic and had low ferritin, b12 and folate. After 2 months they were normal again. They said to stop supplementing. Then when they checked my blood a month after surgery I was low again even though I had started everything back up as instructed after surgery.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/11/17 7:49 am

Their were normal because you were supplementing. Stopping that message them drop again. We need to supplement all the time. Whoever told you to stop - does not know a thing about supplementing post op WLS.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CC C.
on 11/9/17 1:07 pm

I can't tell from your question if this is about not wanting to be active or not being able to be active. I am basically a lazy person. As Isaac Newton said, a body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. I'm a body at rest at heart. But if I drag my butt off the couch, I can actually do quite a lot comfortably - walking and hiking for over 6 miles, climbing stairs, running around etc. While I often lack motivation, I have the ability now.

If you can do more than you used to when you actually try, that's on track. In another 100 poinds you'll be able to do a whole lot more. But whether you might still prefer to be lazying around is not determined by your weight, but by your brain and personality.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/17 2:00 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I am a lot like Cecily. I can park my butt in a chair on the porch and watch the grass grow all afternoon long. But once I get moving, I do well. I've been riding my bike over 40 miles a week, and doing more walking, but it takes some will power to get moving. Once you overcome that initial hurdle, it gets easier. A lot of times I just have to force myself to get started.

Once you've ruled out or corrected any physical issues like vitamin deficiencies, then you can start working on your head issues. The more you do it, the easier it gets TO do it.

Erin T.
on 11/9/17 4:10 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I have tons of energy and and motivation to work out. I am pretty much never tired. Today I took a Dramamine (less drowsy, but drugs effect me heavily) and I was so annoyed to be sort-of-tired all day.

Before surgery I could have answered the question "are you tired?" As a yes, ALWAYS. Now, I legit am not tired 90% of the time.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Laura in Texas
on 11/9/17 4:56 pm

How long ago was your surgery? I, too, started at 340 pounds. About the time I had lost 100 pounds, I did get my energy back and started working out in a gym (perhaps being more active helped my energy return). The second hundred is much harder to lose. Do not get complacent.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

seattledeb
on 11/9/17 11:03 pm

Ultimately does it matter which answer as long as you rule out medical cause?

I weighed 378. It's work to lose 200 pounds.Your halfway through the numbers. You are doing well and moving. Being open to more ways to move might help. For me it was never going to be a trainer in a gym. I walked past them to get to the pool.

Continued success to you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/11/17 7:56 am, edited 11/10/17 11:58 pm

I am at goal. I have been at goal for a while now. I thought I was active, in good shape. Except my back is hurting. It has been hurting for a while. This week I decided to hire a physical therapist/personal trainer. After just 2 session where he "only stretched me and made me do some exercise to increase flexibility" I can feel pain over my body. I had no idea I was so out of shape - inflexible. No idea.

I hate to exercise, and I never going to be one that enjoys it, but I got RNY to be healthy. I need to build my muscles so not only I am "thin" but also in a good shape - relatively pain free.

Even moderate exercise may make a huge difference between losing weight -fat, and losing all muscles.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active