11 days...almost 10

Melody P.
on 12/9/17 7:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

I had a little slip up tonight. Had a very low blood sugar and I went a bit crazy. Good thing about it? I had made fudge for family members and didn't touch it in the bad feeling thing. I had had a piece of both about the size of 1/3 of a domino...if not smaller earlier. I was accountable but ended up going off the rails with a low carb tortilla(or two...) and a tbs of peanut butter. Put me at about 1100 calories.

I am not going to kick myself over it. I start the all liquid diet Thursday and do my pre admit stuff at the hospital. I'm not looking forward to either in a way and i'm ecstatic in another way. I am ready to get this journey going.

Do I like the protein shakes? Uh no. I'm using premier protein premixed shakes. I also have some of the clear "juice" like drinks from them. Have found an app for my iPad that will remind me to sip on water.

I do have a question for the seasoned folks here. Broth...do you make your own or do you like the pre-made better? I am wondering if I should make some before and freeze it. I like that I could control the flavor but also i'm not sure what my taste buds will like for sure.

So much stuff to think about!!!!

peachpie
on 12/9/17 7:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I bought broth from Au Bon Pain's Chicken noodle soup. $ well spent.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Eggface
on 12/10/17 3:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Try very hard not to slip up very close to your date... you'll do a bowel prep but you don't want to increase infection risk so liquids the last few days is important.

Don't prep too much it will be literally a few Tablespoons for a little bit... bone broth by Pacific foods is great they come in small reclosable containers. If you do make a batch of broth strain well and freeze in an ice cube container... when you need some pop 2 cubes out and nuke in the microwave.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/05/liqui d-phase-for-post-weight-loss.html

Best wishes! Prepare mentally for a hard few weeks but most post-ops after about month 4 say they would do it again in a nano-second. Best decision I ever made.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/10/17 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I used Unjury chicken broth, so I could get extra protein. It tasted pretty good (though salty).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Lisa F.
on 12/10/17 8:09 pm
VSG on 06/06/16

I remember cream of chicken soup was handy because I could mix my protein powder into it. I had a harder time than others here getting enough protein in so finding creative ways to get it in was key.

I did buy a lot of broths before surgery that I never used. I was thinking I'd want the variety during the liquid phase, but I gravitated to the same foods that worked for me.

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Ladyblu
on 12/10/17 8:27 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I make my own broth in the instant pot. I save all the bones (raw and roasted) and add them to celery, onion, carrots and some seasonings. I then strain through cheese cloth, refrigerate and then skim off the fat. I then pack in one cup servings that I use in anything that calls for stock. It makes a rich stock and the best part is that I know exactly what is in it and exactly what is NOT in it. I control the salt and the flavor. I also make stock from steak and pork bones and ham. Of course, I have a stand up freezer as well as a second frig so I have lots of freezer room.

The nice thing about broth made by you is you can make it very simple and plain and add whatever you would like to change the flavor after the fact.

I do buy a vegan protein broth that I found at Walmart. It is creamy and loaded with protein and is great as a soup base.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views