Quick Question on the Morning of Surgery

NatureLover888
on 1/7/18 5:10 pm
RNY on 12/29/17

I'm sure yours will go swimmingly! Do you have a date yet?

Writergurl08
on 1/7/18 8:29 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Nope, just completed all of my pre-op requirements and submitted for insurance approval last week. Hoping to hear good news soon and then I'll get a date set :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NatureLover888
on 1/7/18 10:00 pm
RNY on 12/29/17

YAY!!! You will get a date soon! Get yourself mentally and physically prepared in the meantime. If you smoke, taper off or go cold turkey. If you are up to it, try walking (at night or in your own house if you feel self-conscious) for 15 minutes a day...start at 5-10 minutes if you are sedentary. Stock up on some protein shakes (I recommend Premier Protein Strawberry and Cream, it's the best that I've tasted so far, and I prefer it over all the others--Vanilla, Bananas and Cream and even my beloved Chocolate!) Get your vitamins, calcium chews and all that. Get your ducks in a row--your surgery date will be upon you soon enough!

Writergurl08
on 1/8/18 4:46 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Lol I'm well prepared. My husband had his RNY in May so I know what to expect. I go to the gym every day and do 2 miles on the elliptical. I've already been mainly following a diet he can eat--low carb, protein forward, smaller portions. I did the liquid diet with him when he was going through his, and have my favorite proteins already in stock ;). I like caramel Premier Protein in my coffee (decaf), and Unjury chicken soup flavor.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NatureLover888
on 1/8/18 9:25 pm
RNY on 12/29/17

Ooh! Caramel sounds like a great flavor! I buy mine on Amazon...I've never seen Caramel Premier Protein anywhere! I bet that flavor is a real treat! Glad to hear you are getting yourself mentally and physically prepared for surgery. Best wishes to you.

Most Active