Gastric balloon procedure???

Kathy S.
on 1/8/18 12:03 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Laura,

OH has written several articles about balloon procedure/s. To my knowledge insurance does not pay for this option and there are a small number of surgeons that are experienced in doing them.

Here are the links for the articles written about the different procedures for balloons -

7 Things to Know About the ORBERA Gastric Balloon Procedure

What You Need to Know About Gastric Balloon Procedures

Intragastric Balloons to Treat Obesity

New FDA approved ORBERA Balloon

Bariatric News: ReShape Integrated Dual Balloon

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/18 2:46 am
VSG on 12/28/16

My surgeon is doing them but I believe as part of a clinical trial. Where does your friend live?

Megan M.
on 10/11/18 1:09 pm - Canada

I'm researching this also as I don't think I will pass the psych test for the other surgeries. I have over 100 lbs to lose and so far I have read that you can only have it up to 6 months and weight loss is only around 30 lbs and you may be able to get a second balloon put in later.

Thanks to your question and the awesome replies here I can now read all this info so thanks :)

Oct 2018 - Family Dr Referral, Detox Diet

Nov 2018 - Pre-Op Appt (scheduled), Gastric Balloon Insert (TBD)

HW: 272.6 > CW: 229.0 > GW: 120-135

Found this weight loss %age calculator that helps see weight loss in a different perspective, thought I'd share: https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-percentage/

So I'm tracking my current %age of my goal lost. 100% = 142 lbs to lose. Currently I have lost 43 lbs so that is 43/142 = 30% of my goal - YAY ME!