on 1/13/18 3:48 pm

1st two weeks clear liquid diet

Weeks 3-4- Pureed Diet

Weeks 5-6- Soft foods like scrambled eggs and the beginning of taking vitamins

ChristineB
on 1/19/18 11:22 am, edited 1/19/18 3:23 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On January 12, 2018 at 1:31 AM Pacific Time, Lina_Ann wrote:

Hi all,

My surgeon says I can start my purée stage on day 6. A lot of people are telling me that seems really soon....is it? (Asking out of curiosity)

i have been doing well. Not feeling sick at all, just super tired.

Like you said you are asking out of curiosity to get a time line from others. It appears that you are doing great with doing well and not feeling sick but are tired. Good for you. You are on the road to a full recovery and a great journey. HANG ON as you are in for the ride of your life! Keep asking your questions.

As with all programs mine was a little different than yours and others. I went from 2 weeks liquids to 2 weeks of puree stage and then to 4 weeks of soft foods. At the end of that I could add foods as tolerated. Naturally the foods needed to be healthy with protein first and specific amounts that my doctor and NUT/Dietician (staff from his office) had on their program. The rest is history (15 yrs RNY for both myself and my husband. He went to a different doc practice but had the same time line for progression).

You are doing great, keep up the good work.

PS - edited to add that I retired 1 1/2 years ago and I have been loosing more weight. Am down 33 more #. I ate due to stress. Law enforcement is stressful. I feel great and still have a lot of compliments this many years out.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active