I tried. I really tried.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/6/18 10:05 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On February 6, 2018 at 5:38 PM Pacific Time, Newbie2U wrote:

I wasn't looking for "Oh, it's okay!! I know you tried!". I was hoping someone else had been through the same thing and came out on the other side. Or had another drink to try. Or something.

Sorry I'm not going to conform to your expectations of me and block you, but I won't be turning to this forum for any more advice. I have no trouble with tough love, but the spirit in which you replied was not that.

It's your life to miss.

Good luck to you.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/6/18 11:00 am

Of course you were looking for an 'Oh, it is okay, you poor dear'. That is why you are snappish with advice that doesn't equate to what you want to hear.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Newbie2U
on 2/6/18 11:13 am

Your reading of this exchange and calling me the snappish one is laughable.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/6/18 11:25 am

You got pissy that 30 minutes had passed, and you had no support.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/6/18 12:12 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I hope you find someone else to help you. Because if you "give up" and eat regular food a week-post op, you could literally kill yourself.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

theAntiChick
on 2/6/18 9:35 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Oh, I agree with you in regards to OP.

I was stating my disagreement with the statement that if you can't comply pre-op you won't be able to comply post-op. There's a whole bunch of reasons pre-op is much harder, and putting unreasonable restrictions pre-op can make it even MORE likely that you'll be non-compliant post-op.

I also know not everyone has the same experience I did, but pre-op was sheer hell for me and I wasn't even liquid only. Post-op I lost all of my physical cravings for food (still had the head stuff to deal with, but separating the two really helped with that as well) and didn't have much problem with my post-op liquid diet for 2 weeks. Post-op was a breeze for me, diet-wise. I was definitely ready to eat something solid, but not to a degree that I would have violated the prescribed diet post-op.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/6/18 10:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Again, I am in agreement with you philosophically. I think, unless I am misunderstanding, we are also in agreement about the OP.

However, I don't think you are a unicorn-farting-rainbows-special-snowflake type from what I have seen of you.

Pre-Op was one of THE hardest times of the whole process for me, too. I totally get it.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

theAntiChick
on 2/6/18 12:24 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I would say we are in agreement. :)

And yes, I am absolutely the last thing from a "unicorn-farting-rainbows-special-snowflake" type. LOL.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/6/18 11:52 am

In addition - if right now she can't tolerate any protein shakes - may mean she has some type of allergy -intolerance. If she goes for surgery like that - there is a huge chance she will not be able to tolerate them post op - I know people like that IRL. A lady had to be on a feeding tube for 2 months until finally they tested her and realized she was allergic to whey and to artificail sweeteners, and fructose. Every time she tried to drink some proteins - her esophagus got swollen so much that she even could not take water. She almost died.

For the OP - it may be better to find out why she can't tolerate shakes, any shakes. First few weeks post-op - and preop - she needs to get as many proteins in her body as she can. She can't heal properly and may end up with a severe complications.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

theAntiChick
on 2/6/18 12:25 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Good point.

I hope her team is taking this issue seriously.

Most Active