Freestyle by WW

Kathleen W.
on 2/19/18 2:03 pm - Lancaster, PA

For those who have some regain years after wls, has one tried the new program, Freestyle, by Weigh****chers? If so, what do you think?

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/18 2:13 pm, edited 2/19/18 6:13 am

I read the list of ?free? foods and remarked that almost I eat regularly is on that list.

Kathy S.
on 2/19/18 3:04 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WW for me personal = Merry Go Round.....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ks76
on 2/20/18 8:45 am
RNY on 11/29/17

My mom works for WW..I've never really had success with them. But she will swear by it.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/20/18 9:28 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I am 4 years post-op and working on the weight I gained while pregnant. I had a hard time getting back to the strict post-op diet, so I'm doing WW instead for now, with the goal of easing back into logging, weighing/measuring, doing the almost-keto diet.

I find that it's a bit easier for me to do mentally. WW says I get this many points and I have to live with it; when tracking macros with MFP, it was easily to waffle and say "yeah, I can let myself have some extra calories today" since I didn't have any external rules to force upon myself.

The list of zero-points food has been good for me, overall. If I'm hungry, I can have chicken, fish, eggs, or veggies as a snack without worrying about weighing. Fruit is also unlimited, so I'm trying to make myself reach for a banana rather than crackers when I want carbs; I don't have blood sugar issues, but it may be a problem for those with RH or diabetes.

Bottom line: I would not recommend it for someone who is newly post-op and working to reach goal. But for someone several years out, struggling with burnout, I think it can be a useful tool.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/18 2:34 pm

Honestly I don't understand how anyone can lose weight on the " freestylin" diet unless they ate deplorably before...

but it is very healthy and there are far worse things than eating to increase health.

If all weigh****chers does is encourage people to make friends with their setpoint and then live a rich, fullfilled foodie and healthy food filled active lifestyle ... well good for everyone.

Most Active