Girl Scout Cookie Alert!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/2/18 4:46 pm

i live in no-GS-cookies land. I wanted to get some for my BF. I can't get them. Nobody is trying to push them on me....what gives?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

YYC_Healthy
on 3/3/18 8:18 am
VSG on 05/23/18

I just make a donation and don't take the cookies. I cannot have them in my house , I know I would eat the whole box.

Steven354
on 3/3/18 1:00 pm

I buy one box from Girl Scouts and give it away unopened

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/4/18 2:54 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

HeLLeNa_HaNdBaSk
Et

on 3/5/18 11:27 am - Youngstown, OH

LOL! Cracks me up every time.

Kathy S.
on 3/5/18 12:56 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I notice this weekend they have upped their game and are now singing a cute little song to get you to buy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NCMTNEER13
on 3/20/18 8:24 am
VSG on 11/26/18

As a parent of a Girl Scout, I often have to go accompany her at the cookie booth sales in February. Often they are set up in front of a grocery store and they ask shoppers if they would like to buy GS cookies. It always cracks me up when people say they can't/won't buy GS cookies because they are "on a diet" or "trying to lose weight", when their shopping carts are full of sodas, chips, snacks, frozen pizzas, ice cream, and various unhealthy foods. I even had one guy tell the girls that he was on a diet, when he had two shopping bags full of the " 92 cent knock-off girl scout cookies" from Walmart. Come on people!! Just admit that you only want to eat cheap junk food and don't want to spend $4 on a smaller portion of junk food, even if it supports the girl scouts.

Sure there are people like us that are very committed to nutrition and weight loss that sincerely will not eat GS cookies and don't want the temptation. But I've seen that those people are often the ones who give a donation in lieu of buying a box. But most of the people who cite "diets" or 'health" as a reason not to buy are straight lying. They either can't afford them (which is understandable for some families) or they are cheap.

Also, don't forget.... if you don't want the temptation of having a box of cookies, just make a $4 donation to "Cookies for the Troops" For every $4 donated, GS will donate a box of cookies to the members of the U.S. military.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1436 views