Weight Gain and feeling SAD. Support please.

skyblue54
on 5/18/18 5:34 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

It will be almost 2 years since I had my surgery.I was losing weight and almost to my goal weight then no matter what i did the scale wasn't moving down anymore. That depressed me. Talk to my surgeon about it and the dietitian for advise. Still nothing. Was only about 15 pounds from my goal weight. I felt bad about it and started to get off track , eating things not good, not exercising , dealing with my kids problems, ect. Fast forward gained 11 pounds. Help me! I don't want to go back there again. Suggestions and encouragement are needed.(Been dealing with this for last 4 and half months) Thanks.

The Salty Hag
on 5/18/18 5:45 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Go back to basics-eat dense, lean protein, keep carbs below 30 grams per day, stick to proper portions, and log and track every single thing that goes in your mouth.

It will suck for a week or so while your body detoxes from the simple carbs you've been eating, but you'll start feeling better after that. Try not to drink your calories. Get at least 60 grams of protein per day.

Also make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of hydrating fluids per day, and take your supplements if you've gotten lax with them.

I had a 20 lb regain going into my 3rd year out. I've lost 16 of it by doing what I posted above.

I'm wishing you tons of luck.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

skyblue54
on 5/19/18 5:03 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Thanks Audrey for your advise, understanding and support. Starting today I will go back to my basics and will try my hardest to let nothing stand in the way of me completing my goal. Every two weeks I will try to post an update. I think this would help me stay focus. Take care.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/21/18 1:16 pm

Make sure you get some sunshine daily...no sun?.. boost D3, I take 10-15thou units daily. Also when you go shopping, park further out, take out own bags and return the shopping cart.. Count your blessings.

Know that.. mental attitude , hormonals, intestinal flora, and various toxins like sweet n low , Aspartame, MSG, can block weight loss...in addition to any other known roadblocks.

Consider boosting B-complex sublingual in liquid form hold 2 min under tongue for best absorbtion.This helped my carb cravings. i use 2cc when in diet crisis...for 5 days.. Worst of my carb cravings lasts 3 days. So this is enough to get thru crisis.

Changing carb goals daily , within your targeted range, helps keep some people from plateau. ie..example...one day try for extreme low such as 20, next day 35 next day 50 then back down to 30..

skyblue54
on 5/22/18 4:57 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Thanks sweetpotato1959

Jess Says Yes
on 5/19/18 4:05 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I am a newbie, so I can only imagine your struggles. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having a hard time and feeling down. Many people post about dealing with regain, but it looks like you've caught it early which is great. The tips I've seen the vets give over and over are:

• Weigh & track every bite
  • calories under 800 during weight loss phase
  • at least 60 grams of protein per day
  • at least 64oz of water per day
  • carbs under 25 grams
  • Don't drink calories
  • No liquids 30 min before or after meals
  • Dense protein first, then veggies if there's room
  • stick to your vitamin regimen
  • Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night

Take care of yourself! Good luck :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Jess Says Yes
on 5/19/18 4:06 pm, edited 5/19/18 9:11 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I see now I repeated Audrey quite a bit, apologies!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

The Salty Hag
on 5/19/18 9:12 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

No apologies! That just means you're reading and taking it all in!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

skyblue54
on 5/20/18 2:37 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Thanks Jess, every bit of information helps. On my way back to a fresh start. Take care also.

White Dove
on 5/20/18 5:58 pm - Warren, OH

Nobody gets to goal and stays there without a lot of work and sacrifice. It is easy at first, but gets harder every year. The less you weigh, the less you get to eat. I found the only thing that ever worked for me was counting all the macros.

Carbs, protein, fats, fiber and calories.

There is a site called If It Fits Your Macros.

You can get a lot of help and information there for free.

Take those macros and program them into My Fitness Pal.

Have a good accurate scale and step on it every morning. I have never gained weight when I weighed myself daily. I have never quit weighing myself and not gained weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active