Menu items

JaimeRG
on 5/24/18 10:25 am

Good afternoon.

I have not been real active here until recently but I miss being here. Therefore, I am hoping you all can help me out. I have been very restrictive with my diet (causing binge eating) and am trying to slowly allow new things in. I will see a new nutritionist next week but I just wanted to hear what you all think I can add for a variety or things I should absolutely stay away from (I know the breads, rice, pasta, sugars, fats) And if I make additional menu items using lots of ingredients how do I account for that on my meal tracker? Is my obsessiveness showing up now? :-)

I am getting pretty bored of salads with chicken.

Thank you,

Jaime

Queen JB
on 5/24/18 11:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You didn't say what surgery you had, or how far out you are/what stage you are in. Are you still actively losing, or in maintenance?

In myfitnesspal, you can add recipes in so that if you eat things often enough, you don't need to continue to add all of the ingredients separately.

Also, each of the different surgery pages here on OH has a daily menu thread where people post what they are planning to eat. It is a nice way to get to know people and also to get ideas from other people's menus or feedback about your own (if you ask!).

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/24/18 11:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You can't go wrong with lean, dense protein! Chicken, lean cuts of beef, pork chops, shrimp, fish, all sorts of stuff. Add a little bit of a jarred sauce and you've got a quick, easy, WLS-friendly meal. You can have a few bites of veggies as well, I tend to stick to the frozen steam-in-bag stuff.

If I make something with a lot of ingredients, I'll usually estimate calories by logging the main ingredients. If I make spaghetti sauce, for example, I'll log the canned tomatoes and olive oil, but not worry about stuff with few calories like onions or spices.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Renren
on 5/24/18 11:40 am
VSG on 12/02/15

Make sure the nutritionist specializes in weight loss surgery patients. The first one I was required to see before my surgery didn't have a clue and just preached food pyramid. That's way too many carbs for most people, wls or not.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Most Active