Too big for rollercoasters?

katiemarie
on 5/27/18 7:47 am

Hi everyone,

I'm supposed to be going to Michigan's Adventure in 2 weeks with some friends, and I'm really paranoid about not being able to fit on the rides. I'm currently around 220 lbs and I'm 5'5".

I went to cedar point about 8 months ago and I was heavier then and I fit it all the rollercoasters I went on, but I haven't been to Michigan's Adventure in almost 10 years and I have no idea what the rides there are like.

If anyone has been there recently and has any idea about the size of their rides and how likely I am to fit, I would definitely appreciate it!

Gwen M.
on 5/27/18 12:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

From their Guest Assistance Guide:

Guests of Larger Size

All passenger restraint systems, including

lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts must be positioned and fastened properly to
allow guests to ride. Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of larger size (in terms of height, weight, and/or body proportions) may not
be accommodated on some of our rides. Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Adventure Falls, Be Bop Blvd., Corkscrew, Flying Trapeze, Mad Mouse, Shivering Timbers, Thunderhawk, Winky the Whale, Wolverine Wildcat, and Zach's Zoomer.

Maximum and minimum weight limits can be found under the individual rides in this guide and on the Rider Safety Guide Signs at the entrance to Rides with restrictions.

If you are concerned whether or not you can be accommodated safely on a ride, you may enter
the ride via the exit for an evaluation to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. The rest of your party may wait for you outside the exit. A test seat is also located at the entrance to the Thunderhawk.

A red light/green light scale system is also used at Funnel of Fear, a weight sensitive attraction. Guests who exceed the maximum weight limit will not be permitted to ride.

---

When I search that page on "weight," it seems like 300 pounds is the weight limit for rides that have one. (Well, except for the kiddie rides which are like 75 pounds.) So it seems like you should be totally fine.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Valerie G.
on 5/27/18 2:00 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I bet you'll be just fine at that weight (I'm also 5'5") for all of the rides.

Have a wonderful time!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

peachpie
on 5/28/18 4:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I think you'll be fine. Have fun!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Jester
on 5/29/18 10:55 am
RNY on 03/21/16

If you fit on all the rides at Cedar Point, I'd think you'd be fine. There are a lot of rides at Cedar Point with very small seating, as opposed to other amusement parks I've been to.

Kathy S.
on 5/29/18 11:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You will be having a blast! Just pat yourself on the back for your weight loss as you know if not for losing the weight you have you would "not" fit.

Share pics with us when you get back

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1277 views