Excess skin

Lady2This
on 6/7/18 6:55 pm - NC

Has anyone me found any cheaper way to help with the extra skin like cool sculpting or anything affordable? The extra skin is making me depressed. Also, I can never find the correct bra that fits. Has anyone had that issue as well? I'm 7 years out.

CC C.
on 6/7/18 7:18 pm

Plastic surgery is really the only option. You didn't just stretch out your original skin, you grew new skin to cover your previous body. It's like trying to wish a size 3x top into a size small. The only way to get rid of the excess "material" is to cut and tailor.

Speaking as someone who is over 4 weeks out from a lower body lift and thigh lift and still experiencing complications, part of me wishes I'd just made peace with the skin. I'm sure I won't always feel this way, but the feelings are real now!

Lady2This
on 6/7/18 8:23 pm - NC

Thank you. I wish you a speedy recovery. Please keep me updated on your progress. I would love to know how you're coming along. Good luck!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/7/18 8:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Cool sculpting, body wraps, and the like cannot shrink your skin back. Unfortunately, plastic surgery is the only way to reduce or remove it. I've found that investing in really good shapewear helps me feel better!

I also had a hard time finding a good bra. I ended up going to one of the department stores at the mall, and the salesladies there do personalized fit sessions. They took a bunch of measurements, had me try some stuff on, and eventually I found a couple that worked really well. I did the same at Lane Bryant, too, and had good luck with their cotton t-shirt bras too.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lady2This
on 6/7/18 8:25 pm - NC

Thanks. I been to different places and tried on several bras, for some reason I can't get one that works.

Gwen M.
on 6/8/18 7:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You might try a speciality lingerie store and, preferably, one that is familiar with helping those with breast cancer - they tend to do a better job of dealing with atypical breasts.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

conazza
on 6/9/18 5:30 am
RNY on 09/23/16

That's what I had to do. It makes a big difference.

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/18 1:01 pm

Surprisingly I really like the Victoria Secret Bras they put everything where it should be and keep it put! Also nice quality. I am fond of the Demi Bra it has an underwire and fits and lifts nicely. You can get Lacey or plain depending what you like.

Below is the one I actually have in the pink and mint green. A lot of times I order online when I get them to avoid the store which can be skeevy a bit to me. I will return in store if I have to which is rare. They last a long time too. I use coupons to get frees shipping and discounts (retailmenot).

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/lightly-lined-and-demi/ demi-bra-dream-angels?ProductID=387720&CatalogueType=OLS

I know what you mean about the skin I was going to do PS this year after waiting 10 years and at peace with it for 9! Joined OH saw the wonderful results and started reconsidering and looking at the different options and doctors. Was sold on my doctor of choice and what I wanted done and came to the realization with 2 teenagers one a senior next year it is not financially in the cards or more like financially a smart move this year. Boo! So anyone early out who can do PS go for it don't wait! Like I said I had no desire until last year now everything looks worse to me! I need to put on those other lenses again LOL!!

From your picture you look beautiful!

karenp8
on 6/9/18 8:06 am - Brighton, IL

I would do plastic surgery in a heartbeat--especially my stoma*****lothes with shapewear I look great but without I make myself sick because it's a constant reminder of what I did to myself. With hubby retired and me on disability it will never happen though so I just deal with it.

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/18 7:43 am

Karen you amaze me how wonderful you look! I think you look fantastic! Pure dedication with all your walking with your Lily! I am not part of menu thread, so feel strange to join in there much.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1545 views