Doctor says I have to eat every two hours, but what?

stacyrg
on 7/11/18 11:12 am
VSG on 05/12/14

yes, exactly. I was lucky enough to get Dumping AND RH with my conversion to RNY. So, I've now collected an endocrinologist. What triggers me changes all the time. I have actually ended up with RH after eating a salad that had 1 too many cheery tomatoes in it (I made it, so I know there wasn't hidden sugar in the dressing, etc.) I agree with everything you say!

I agree, Mersh, you've got it figured out and you'll do what's best for you. The only advice I can offer is to be your own best advocate. If you think your doctor is spouting nonsense, find one who will listen to you and work with you. You've got this!!

Ajeffries
on 7/11/18 12:30 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I had this issue after vsg. Dr said it is normal after major weight loss. He advised eating more frequently in smaller portions and eating more salt. He never advised candy unfortunately. I eat every 2 to 3 hours. For example, I eat half an egg then .5 ounce of cheese. Another thing I eat is 1 ounce of steak and a slice of cheese.I don't have any low blood sugars anymore. My work friends joke that I will die in a zombie apocalypse because I won't make it more than 3 hrs without eating. I also carry around a salt packet for low BP.

Manseaud
on 7/16/18 9:47 am
RNY on 11/22/15

I have reactive hypoglycemia (as low as 34) and need to eat every two hours as well. If I don't my blood sugar WILL drop. But what I need to eat is protein NOT candy or sugar of any kind. Although they did say to carry glucose tablets. I saw an endocrinologist because of the low blood sugars but I think I was better off seeing the dietitian from the weight center at the hospital I had my surgery down at.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1089 views